Chapter Ten

A/N : So I've been misspelling my female mc name for the past couple of chapters and I'm just now noticing the issue. In the future I will go back and edit to correct the mistake but I'm too lazy to do that now 🤣 .

Moving forward let me clarify, her name is spelled: SOLANA not SALONA!!

SOLANA is the correct spelling.

I'm sorry for the mistakes:(

DARIO

"Pass the blunt." I say to Alex, watching him successfully seal the blunt.

He extends his hand, to which I grab the blunt from his hand, reaching into my pocket for my lighter, I light the blunt before taking a long pull.

I internally wince at the strain of my muscle on my shoulder. I had a rough practice earlier. My shoulder has been fucking with me for awhile and my coach is tempted to pull me from today's home game, but he knows I'm not going for that bullshit. I'm playing. If I want to be an all-star this year, I need to play most of my games, I'm not about to sit out a game because of a bum shoulder.

"You know Solana left yesterday?" Now why is he telling me this like I'm supposed to care? I'm glad she gone to be honest, her being here for the past couple of days had put more stress on me then basketball. After our talk at the park, I smoked ten blunts. Elena found me high out of my mind in the bathtub. She doesn't know that Solana and I talked that day. I rather keep that private cause I know Elena got her own shit to work out with Sol.

"Mhm." Is all I respond, taking another pull from the blunt.

He chuckles, "So you gonna sit here and act like you don't care?"

"Why am I supposed to care Alex? She not my girlfriend, why you keep trying to force me to care about that girl?"

"Because that girl used to be your whole world, your soon to be wife. And now you acting like she the gum beneath your shoe." he says.

I shrug, "And?"

"And you wrong ass hell." He sits up on the couch. "We go way back, you my bro, and I'm gonna always tell it to you straight. You're wrong as hell for how you're treating Solana. I get it that her running out on you after you proposed was fucked up, but did you ever stop to think as to why she said no? Or why she ran out? Cmon man, you know Solana, she wouldn't do no crazy shit like that unless she had a valid reason. But all these years you were so consumed in your hatred for her and heartbreak that you didn't stop to ask yourself what could've gone on with her to force her to leave the man she loved.

Because y'all was great before that night, been great for years. So something serious must've been going on with her for her to reject your proposal and run out. Now I'm not saying your feelings toward her aren't valid, because they are, but remember there are two sides to every story. You already told her yours, so why not let her tell her's? This way that hatred you still hold for her can go away and you can finally let all that go. Cause trust me man, you don't want to go through the rest of your life hating the one woman you swore to always protect."

I don't hate Solana anymore; I feel nothing towards her. At least I like to think that. But fuck, even after all these years my head can't wrap around as to why she left me the way she did. Alex talking about two sides, what if her side is she just didn't want to be with me anymore? Or she had some lame ass boy on the side and ran off to be with him. Fuck.

I sigh, setting my roach on the ashtray. "Fuck you want me to do man?"

"It's not what I want you to do. It's what you need to do. And what you need to do is go see Solana, and get some answers. Last time y'all saw each other, you did all the talking, now it's time for her to talk."