𝐜𝐡𝐚𝐩𝐭𝐞𝐫 𝐢

tw
none

"eyes have a language of their own," - j

"eyes have a language of their own," - j.b.

RHAENYRA had always prayed for a little girl, from the first time her mother told her about what could happen in the girls future until the day her dream actually came true

RHAENYRA had always prayed for a little girl, from the first time her mother told her about what could happen in the girls future until the day her dream actually came true. Her first child, born just eight months after her marriage to Laenor Velaryon, had come in the form of a little girl. Pale skin with pale white hair to accompany it and heather-like eyes. The birth was somewhat easy for Rhaenyra, unlike the upcoming ones with her future children, and she often spoke of that with pride — a sense almost like this child would be an easy one to bring up. She had been named Vasarez, in slight honour to Rhaenyra's father Viserys who would quickly grow to care for the young girl.

Rumours had not dared to circulate about the child's legitimacy and her incredibly pale skin was ignored due to her more natural Targaryen features. Laenor had helped keep those rumours at bay too, always making sure to make his presence known as the child's father as she became even closer to him as her age grew. She was indeed close to her mother too, they could communicate without needing to share any words and knew when the other felt uncomfortable even at the girls young age.

It was when Jacaerys and Lucerys were born (several years apart of course) when real parental favourites were established. Vasarez had already decided Laenor was her own favourite, following him almost everywhere and picking up a wooden sword to train with him every now and then — even getting into boats with him despite her growing fear of water. Jacaerys had quickly grown close to Ser Harwin Strong, stirring rumours the small family wished never arrived, however it was easy to assume to most they were just close due to Laenor spending most time with his close friends or daughter. It wasn't soon after Lucerys was walking and talking when he outwardly said Rhaenyra was 'his mother,'. Almost crying whenever one of the older children said 'ours' so that favourite was never hard to decipher.

Forward to 117AC, Rhaenyra was pregnant with her fourth, suspected to be another son and suspected to be that of Ser Harkin Strong's blood, it was becoming a hard pregnancy for the princess. Rumours becoming almost unbearable and pressure from the Queen Consort, Alicent, putting more weight on her shoulders then necessary. Her kids had tried to make it somewhat easier, getting everything she needed and even picking out a dragon egg for the sibling when the time had come.