𝐜𝐡𝐚𝐩𝐭𝐞𝐫 𝐯𝐢

tw
none

"if our love died, would that be the worst thing?" - paris paloma, labour

VASAREZ felt a strong feeling of discomfort upon mounting Soul Catcher, holding the bottom of her slightly bumped stomach before helping her younger brother, Joffrey, onto the dragon

VASAREZ felt a strong feeling of discomfort upon mounting Soul Catcher, holding the bottom of her slightly bumped stomach before helping her younger brother, Joffrey, onto the dragon. She had persuaded her mother to let Joffrey ride with her, Joffrey had to get used to it and Vasarez was an excellent rider, so he'd be the safest with her in the air. Joffrey was sat in front of her, wrapped securely between her arms and holding tightly onto the bars mounted onto Vas's saddle.

"Ready?" she asked, both Catcher and Joffrey. The boy nodded, Catcher simply shifted to prepare a quick run before taking off from the cliff's edge, "Sōvegon, Catcher," she half-yelled, causing Catcher to immediately run and spread his wings. Her other brothers were quick to follow, flying in front of the larger dragon.

Joffrey began cheering, visibly a bit terrified but laughing nonetheless, "this is- this is really weird!" he yelled, leaning his head back against Vasarez's chest.

"You get used to it, brother, keep a tight hold of the saddle ok?" Joffrey nodded and made sure his hands were securely attached to the bars. Vasarez furrowed her brows, yet another pain coming from her stomach as she gripped onto the reins a little harder.

By the time they had reached Kingslanding, Vasarez had placed one hand on her stomach and kept one firmly on the reins, Catcher had taken that as a 'don't fly like a duck' and actually behaved throughout the journey. When landing, she passed Joffrey down and clambered off of her beast, checking he was ok as he made a clicking sound towards her, "Alright there, Soul?" she mumbled, stroking the side off his face and letting him lean towards her. His face slightly turned to her stomach before staring directly at her, "felt that too? Yeah it's a bit worrying hm," she muttered, jumping slightly when hearing the door to the keep open.

"Arez!" she heard an excitable voice say, causing her to look over.

"Laena," she smiled, immediately hugging the girl, Catcher made a clicking like sound to welcome her before going off to wherever he fancied sleeping for a while, "how are you? How are your kids?"

"They're wonderful, and so am I, I've missed you though dear niece,"

"Don't say that you make yourself sound old," Vasarez laughed, walking out the keep with her.

"I see the rumours are true?" Heleana asked, nudging her slightly. Vasarez looked at her, slightly confused, "don't look so clueless, surely you are aware of the babe in your stomach? It's visible enough,"

"That's so kind to say, I really appreciate it," Vasarez joked, smiling, "but yes they're true, and it's exactly who's you think it is," Helaena smiled, she knew Vasarez and Aemond had wanted nothing to do with one another, the two despised one another with some hidden and unearthed respect for each other. The two would pretend the babe was Aemond's when they were both completely aware it was Aris'. The two women continued talking and walking, catching one another up on all the things they've missed from the past five years and just having general chat. That was of course until the came to a room, spotting their Aegon and Jace, having a non-civil conversation. Helaena visibly tensed, subtly tugging Vasarez away, "Uncle, what a pleasure to see you again," Vasarez smiled through gritted teeth, walking into the room and seeing her brother ease at the girl's appearance.

Aegon hummed, looking the pregnant girl up and down, "what a queer predicament," he said, looking at Jacearys before walking to the door, "come along Helaena, we have things to do," he smiled, taking her sister. Vasarez closed the door behind them, turning to her brother.

"That seemed awkward?" Vasarez asked, sitting down, sighing slightly as she did so.

"Well Aegon's a two faced cunt as always," Jacaerys sighed, Vasarez smiled but rolled her eyes, watching as her brother walked over. Vasarez groaned slightly, shifting uncomfortably, she moved her hand to rest more under her stomach.

"Are you alright?"

"Yeah- I've had these pains since we rode here," She said, getting up, "It'll be fine, let's go find Luke before he takes someone else's eye out ok?"

A/N
guys i just got my first car and i frkin love it sm
this chapters so short sorry but next chapters gonna be so unbelievably angst filled and hopefully very long
love y'all
- mumble 🫶🫶