𝐜𝐡𝐚𝐩𝐭𝐞𝐫 𝐢𝐢𝐢

tw
not very major character death/mentions of death and child loss

twnot very major character death/mentions of death and child loss

"soulmates aren't just lovers,"

VASAREZ had quite frankly expected the news her father was about to tell her to be anything but what she was told

VASAREZ had quite frankly expected the news her father was about to tell her to be anything but what she was told. Standing by the shore of High Tide with her head staring down at the wet cobbles beneath her feet she tried to process just what was going on.

"She's dead, Vas," Laenor had said, tears pouring out of his eyes as he too tried to make sense of it, "My sister, sweet, sweet Laena, she died."

Vasarez had stared at her father, tears threatening her own, "How? I mean- how?" she stumbled over her words, following him quickly out of the hall.

"Child birth,"

Laenor stood, weeping, his hand holding his daughters as he tried to compose himself in front of her. Laenor had always attempted to keep a happy image in front of his daughter, hoping to create a good and somewhat inspiring image for her, but he'd be lying to everyone if he didn't stand and sob at his own sisters funeral. Vasarez had only really wished she could comfort him more, she didn't know Laena well since she and Daemon left before Vasarez was born and they didn't exactly come to visit. All the white-haired girl could do was hold her fathers hand and stand in silence beside him.

While a few rather nice words were being said, Vasarez heard a small bit of laughter escape someone's mouth — immediately looking up to see it was Daemon who seemed to snigger before hiding his smile. She felt her fathers hand tense, simply squeezing it gently to tell him to relax and he surely meant no harm by it. However the violet eyed girl wasn't so sure in that herself, Daemon (in her eyes) was a dick and she simply didn't like him. The fact he had made her father angry made her hatred for him somehow worsen. However, the funeral was sweet, Laena's wooden casket that had been carved to look like her was lifted down into the tides as that was - as her family had said - where the Velaryons belonged. They all wanted to be buried at sea and if not, to die at it. Rhaenyra touched her daughters shoulder, wondering if she was staying or going up with everyone else to get some food and talk to people. Vasarez said nothing, simply turning back to face the water with her father. Rhaenyra wasn't offended at all, knowing Laenor needed her and knew Vasarez would prefer to be there instead of near everyone else. Her mother went up with her brothers, everyone seemed to follow while Laenor took himself and his daughter down to the beach.