𝐜𝐡𝐚𝐩𝐭𝐞𝐫 𝐯

tw
none

"i didn't deserve that, you knew it too

"i didn't deserve that, you knew it too." -

TWO months later, Rhaenyra had swiftly moved on and married Ser Daemon, much to Vasarez's annoyance

TWO months later, Rhaenyra had swiftly moved on and married Ser Daemon, much to Vasarez's annoyance. She had been forced to stand the small (albeit beautiful) wedding with her, her siblings and now step-siblings and a maester to wed the two. She had refused to look at either of them the whole time, instead staring out to sea as the ceremony happened.

Although happy with her decision, Rhaenyra felt a constant pain when she looked at her daughter, the girl had not properly smiled since her father had passed and the woman had aches to tell her daughter the truth. But telling others the truth in those times was a life threatening thing. Instead she had to continue with a lie that made Vasarez despise her biological father and grow to dislike her mother.

"Vasarez," Rhaenyra said, the ceremony had ended and the new family were walking to their castle they'd be staying in to avoid died with the other half of the family, "talk to me child,"

Vasarez furrowed her brows, hands curling into fists beside her. She didn't want to talk to her mother, she didn't really want to talk to anyone right now. So, she simply shook her head and wandered to the dragons keep.

Rhaenyra watched her eldest child disappear into the keep, sighing as she tried to think of what to say to her daughter, "what's the matter?" Daemon asked, moving Rhaenyra's hair out of her face, "Is it Vasarez?"

"She's- unhappy with me," Rhaenyra spoke, turned to look at Daemon, "I cant grasp why,"

"She's upset over her father, Nyra, it's normal," Daemon spoke, although not seeming to care much, "my children were the same,"

Rhaenyra shook her head, "I know that, believe me I do, but it's unlike her to be visibly annoyed at me."

"That's probably unhealthy," Daemon shrugged, "at least she isn't bottling it up I suppose,"