cover lick.

Khalifa

" I stabbed fahad to death" she said. I felt something go down my spine.
What's the meaning of that.
  actually, I  called to inform her how everybody was talking about her outfit., they all admired everything she wore, how she carried herself, also the absolute way she welcomed fati warmly, regardless of their differences. she embraced her. But right now, it seems my ear didn't hear well. I dropped the call,  took a deep breath and sat on the nearest sofa.
what if it's a joke. A lame joke indeed. I called again. After so many rings she picked

" sana I know you would never joke like that. but please tell me it's a joke"

" he was going to .............. rape me" with that, I could tell that, it's for real. My eyes wide like saucers. I immediately took my car keys and headed out

" ango where are you going to? amarya is waiting for you" I froze in my track, it was my mum. I needed to be cautious of what to say coz I still don't believe it's true.

" my baby, come and see your bride, She's eager to see you too." Aunty ainau said

" sana is out I think, she got the memo and gave you some space" another aunty said

" she knows better not to interrupt"they added. aunty ainau came forth and took me by the arm, we walked to one of the guest rooms. Fati's friends and cousins where all seated waiting for me. I looked at everyone and didn't know what to say. My thoughts are with sana. I am scared before she does something more crazy happens or someone finds out. What if it's still a joke just to gain my attention.

" sir ,  abamu kudi siyan baki da kudin sallaman kawayen amarya" I still didn't say anything because I am still not with them

" khalifa khalifa khalifa" my aunty kept calling my name.  hamza had to tap me.

" lapia" he whispered and I nodded

" khalifa why are you absent minded" my mum said and that called for everyone's attention, I looked round and every one was staring at me.

" I was taken by her beauty and realising how lucky I am" I lied

" awwwwwn" most people shouted.  However, my friends know for a fact that, that's a blatant lie. So I faked a smile

" salim please take care of everything I want to go get the chicken "

" you don't have to do it urself. Why are we here?

" NO!!!" I almost shouted.

" ah calm down masu amarya. No be querell"

"u don't know where to get it from"

" there is no chicken spot I don't know in this city"

" don't say that" I said

" okay fine.  you should send fahad the location since he is still out"

" yeah, he said he would be joining us shortly.  any moment he will show up" gang. my heart pounded very fast. I became uncomfortable.

"Fine. let me call him " I pretended and hoped silently he picks. I sincerely hope he isn't dead. I put the phone to my ear and it rang several times no reply. Indeed he is dead,
I stood froze in my track

" is he not picking" they asked bringing me back from my thoughts. I nodded

" that's unusual of him. Wayan shi kullum ajikinshi kaman wani  mai aikin mtn." One of their cousins said.

" he must be busy " I said. I leaned in further and told salim and the others to please handle the situation.

"You know it's gonna be a loooongggg night for us to merry" I said trying my best to play present, but my soul had left my body already.  I need to see sana before anyone does.