One

It's been a week since my mother passed away and no one has even begun to go through her closet to clean it out. My father thinks that we shouldn't touch it, it's not our stuff to touch. My aunt, her sister, thinks that we should move on and not hoard her stuff around. I'm pretty indifferent about it. They're just things, not my actual mom so I don't care what they do with it.

"Are you coming back to school next week?" I turned over in my bed facing the Vietnamese girl. There she had a small smile on her face pulling a strand of my hair behind my ear that was falling on my face.

"Yeah I think so." Her cute smile got even bigger, making a small one form on my face. Hanni and I have had this weird relationship where we are more than friends, but not in a relationship. This has been going on for almost a year. I guess both of us are scared to ruin what we have going on right now.

"Good I miss you." I turn back over on my back so I don't have to see the sad look in her eyes. I've been avoiding her all week besides today where she physically came to my house. I missed her too, but I'm just really confused right now.

"I'm kind of tired...I'll see you on Monday?" I still didn't look at the smaller girl next to me because I know she's hurt. I know it's probably mean to just kick her out like this. She only means well, but I want to be alone.

"Yeah of course. Text me if you need anything." I felt the bed dip as she slid off. Out of the corner of my eye I could see her standing by my door looking at me for a second before she slipped out the door without another word.

I heard the front door slam moments later making me jump. Yeah she's definitely upset. I get up walking down the hall when I see my mothers closet in my parents room slightly ajar. That's weird my dad refuses to even open and look in it. Like a magnetic force was pulling me, I walked into their room and opened the closet even more. There didn't seem to be anything too out of the ordinary, just her clothes, shoes, and a couple boxes. As I was about to shut the door a book caught my attention.

"Oh? A diary?" It looked pretty old because it was a little run down. The front was decorated with a whole bunch of stickers and little drawings...ah so I got my sticker loving from my mom. When I opened the first page I realized it was from my mother's Highschool days.

Jan. 1st, 1998

Today is the first day of the new year. Everyone around me is happy, but I don't feel that way. Jungwon confessed to someone else last night. The girls tried to confront me, but I don't know. I just thought we had something going on. Clearly I was wrong. Hopefully this new year will bring me happiness instead of sadness.

Heesoo

Jungwon? I've never heard of Jungwon before. I didn't know my mother liked someone before my father. I thought they met and fell in love in high school. Maybe I could look at some more entries later. As I grab it to walk away a photo drops out of the diary. When I bent down to look at it, it was a photo of five girls and a boy. One of them was my mother I could tell and the other one was Hanni's mother. The other four I didn't know, but the girl with the cat-eyes was clearly related to the boy with cat-eyes in the photo.

"Pretty." I went to touch the photo where the girl with the cat eyes was and suddenly my vision went black and felt like I was moving at the speed of light.

.....

"Are you okay?" I opened my eyes, squinting at the person above me. I can't see very well with the sun beaming in my eyes and the pounding in my head. When my eyes finally focused I realized it was a girl reaching her hand out to me. I could tell by her silhouette. I grab her hand letting her help pull me up. I brushed off the dirt off my uniform. Wait, why am I wearing a uniform? What the fuck is happening?