Four

"What are you thinking about?" Hanni and I are currently walking to school. The weather is dreary, it's drizzling and it's especially cold today. I usually like it when it drizzles because you can walk in it without getting absolutely soaked, but it doesn't mix well when it's below freezing. We could've taken the bus but Hanni was late getting there this morning and I didn't want her to have to walk alone so I just waited for her to show up and thus our journey to school began.

"How I'm freezing to death because you had to sleep through your alarm." Hanni scoffs, kicking me in my shin. Ow! What the hell!?!

"You didn't have to wait, idiot , I could have just walked by myself!" I laughed grabbing the sulking girl wrapping my arm around her shoulder forcing her into my side.

"I would never let you walk alone, Hanni. If you died then I'd have no one to bring me your mom's famous bread anymore I'd have to go get it myself!" I laugh as the shorter girl groans trying to get out of my hold, but I don't let her. I just pull her closer, placing a kiss on the side of her forehead. The shorter girl stopped struggling after that and just leaned into my embrace.

"If I died would you be sad?" I stopped walking and looked at the Vietnamese girl curiously. Why wouldn't I be sad? She's my best friend.

"Of course I would. Why wouldn't I be?" She seemed to be thinking hard about something. I can tell she's debating whether or not to say something. "Just spit it out." She sighed and looked me in the eye.

"You didn't cry once when your mom died. Hell you would have come back to school the next day if your dad didn't think you needed a week off." I furrow my eyebrows taking a step back from her.

"What the hell does that have to do with whether or not I would miss you?"

"I'm sorry I shouldn't have said anything. I just don't know if you really realize what's happening. She's gone." What the fuck?

"I know she's gone? Just because I didn't cry doesn't mean I wasn't sad!" I raised my voice at the shorter girl who looked startled. She's the one that brought this up! Why does she give a fuck whether or not I'm coping well or whatever the hell she means.

"I know! I'm sorry, let's just forget it." I sigh, continuing to walk slightly away from Hanni. I don't want to be around her right now, but I want to be able to see her so nothing happens to her.

-

Is it random when I get transported back in time? I've accepted at this point that I can travel in time because I just can't make sense of the fact that my mother is writing what I am doing during that time. It's weird though because when I glanced through it there was no mention of me besides that one time. It's almost like it's changing. Holy shit am I changing the future or some shit? I can't seem to figure out how it happens though. I never went through this before so why now? It has to do with the diary I guess because this didn't start happening until I found it.

First I thought It could happen when I opened it, but that's not true because I hadn't touched it when I was at school and when I was in my bathroom. Then I thought maybe when I think about it I will go but I tested it earlier today during class because I was bored and it didn't work. So now I have no clue, but it would be nice to know how so I can prepare for it instead of being-AHH

Damn it.

I came to at the front gate of my mothers school. Well here we go again I guess. I walked into the entrance as teens were running past me and playing around with their friends. I looked around trying to find a familiar face and I did. It was Jungwon talking to some girl I've never seen before. She was tall and beautiful, she must be the girl he confessed to that my mom was talking about. He doesn't notice me and thank god he doesn't because I feel like that would be an awkward conversation. The Kang siblings aren't very good conversationalists. As I walked further trying to find anyone else my eyes landed on Heesoo and Hyein, that I can manage. I walk towards the girls with a smile on my face. They look so happy doing a little handshake or something.