special chapter 2

Heesoo's POV

"How is she today?" Jungwon just shakes his head with a frown on his face. It has been exactly thirteen days since Haerin last spoke. Her family took her to the doctor but she refused to speak even then. Haerin was always quiet and was more of an observer, but this is a new extreme; it's like she's a walking corpse. She wears Minji's jacket everyday. I've never seen her without it. It breaks my heart seeing her like this.

"She ate this morning. Only because I forced it down her throat basically. Mom called her doctor a couple days ago and scheduled her another appointment so hopefully something will change." I sigh, grabbing the boy's hand interlacing it with mine. We were currently in our free period where most kids went outside or to the library. Jungwon, Hanbi, Hyein, and I were outside around a tree talking. Haerin is on the roof probably where she goes everyday now. Danielle presumably is there with her so she won't be alone. Throughout this entire time Dani has not given up. She has been by Haerin's side, maybe even more than Jungwon—her brother.

"If I ever see Minji again I'll kill her." Hanbi groans, throwing a rock at the grass in front of her. "What a fucking bitch honestly. We should have left her loner ass alone." I sigh, closing my eyes trying to keep my composure at the small girl's harsh words.

"I understand your angry but killing her will not solve anything. Something may have happened. We don't know." Hanni rolls her eyes staring directly in the eye with her stone cold gaze.

"I don't know why you always defend her! She always does this; she comes and goes and ignores us. She doesn't let us know anything about her. We quite frankly know nothing about this girl. Why do you care so fucking much about her?!!?" I shrug speechless by her words. I don't know why I care and defend her so much. Ever since I met her I felt a strong bond to her. It's like I knew her before I even met her. I don't know how to explain it.

"Guys it's been a month. Fighting about this won't solve anything. She clearly is not coming back so I don't know about you guys but I'm gonna focus on helping my sister." Jungwon removed his hand from mine and walked away to wherever he was going. I know he's having a hard time right now. He loves his sister so much and they've always been close. It must be hard seeing her go through this.

"Minji wouldn't have left without saying anything. I know she wouldn't." Hyein pouted, drawing random patterns onto the dirt with a stick that was in her hand.

"Not you too Hyein!" Hanni scoffs standing up from the ground. "I'm with Jungwon. You two can have a pity party but I'm going to help my friend that's here and actually cares about us." I tried to reach for the Vietnamese girl's hand, but she walked away leaving Hyein and I alone. It was silent for a moment, only the faint background noise of teenagers bustling around.

"Do you mean it? You really don't think Minji would have left without saying something?" Hyein looks up with a small smile on her face and hums.

"Minji was always nice to me. I just can't see her doing this. She definitely wouldn't have left us let alone Haerin without saying something." I nod agreeing with the younger girl. She's right Minji was always flakey, but this is a new extreme. Something's going on. I just wish I knew where she lived.

-

Danielle's POV

I can't take it much longer. Seeing the girl I've loved my entire life suffer. She seems so hollow and drained of life. She used to talk to me. She used to talk so much to me about random things she liked about something new she was currently obsessed with. We cry, laugh, and have fun together. Now we have nothing of that. I spend my days with her in silence as she becomes a shell of a human.