Thirteen

It's been a few weeks since my confrontation with Hanni and I have been spending a lot of time in the past. Hanni has also been avoiding me. I'm just letting her too. I know she needs her space. I hurt her and I can't take that back. But during the meantime I've grown extremely close and fond of Haerin. We haven't talked again about our feelings for each other since that time by the tree. I like her a lot. I know I do. I just don't see this working out. Sometimes I wish I never met her so I wouldn't be having these feelings.

I just came back, finding myself in past Minji's room sitting at her desk with her journal open. I looked down and realized she was in the middle of writing something.

March 1, 1998

Minji, if you're reading this something weird is happening. When you come it used to just feel like I was asleep, but recently it's like I'm aware? If I try really hard it's almost like I can hear someone speaking or you speaking I can't tell. It only happened a couple times. I'm going to try harder so I can figure this out.

Minji (owner of this body)

What the fuck. She's awake now? This is horrible. This is so shitty. At first I was kinda okay with it because at least she wasn't suffering because she was asleep or just unconscious I'm not sure, but she can hear me? Or she can hear something? I have to figure out how to control this.

"A girl named Haerin is on the phone." I whipped my head around and there was Mr. Kim stood at the door with a house phone in his hand. SHIT! I was supposed to meet Haerin at the park at six. I look at the clock and it's nine o'clock. Oh my fucking god. I ran up to him, taking the phone from his hand watching him walk down the stairs then immediately shut the door putting the phone to my ear.

"Haerin I'm so sorry. I'm so sorry. I just lost track of time. Are you okay?" I pace around the room as the other end of the phone was silent. Shit I can't believe I did this to her. I should have left a note for past Minji. God damn it im so fucking stupid. "Haerin?" Is she still there? I took the phone away from my ear looking at it and saw that she was still on the line. I put the phone back to my ear and when I do my heart breaks. I hear her little sniffles and heavy breaths.

"I waited for three hours." Fuck. Her sniffles continued.

"Haerin I'm so sorry. You don't know how sorry I am. How did you get home? It's late and dark." It was silent for a little while. "Haerin are you home? Where are you?"

"I'm at the park." I sigh, closing my eyes trying to calm down my nerves. Why did she wait there for so long? It's not safe to be out alone at night.

"Listen to me—stay where you are, don't move. I'm gonna come to you. Okay?" I said all this as I found a random pair of shoes putting them on and throwing on a sweatshirt. I realized I'm in pajamas, but I don't care. I don't want to leave her there longer than she has to be.

"Okay."

"Don't move I'm coming." All I hear is a hum and then the phone beeped meaning she hung up. I threw the phone on the bed and ran out the door and down the stairs and threw the front door open hearing Mr. Kim called after me but I didn't stop. I keep on going to get to the cat-eyed girl.

I ran for about ten minutes before I came across the park just outside past Minji's neighborhood. After looking around for a while I found Haerin alone on top of the slide with her head hanging down. I run to the back climbing up the stairs and once I get to the top all I'm met with is Haerin's small back shaking.

"Haerin." I sit down on the platform behind her, placing my hand on her shaking back. She didn't say anything for a while. I looked at her and saw she was wearing a thin shirt and no jacket. God she must be cold. I grabbed her hips sliding her back so she was sitting between my legs and so I could wrap my arms around her waist to warm her up. "Why didn't you bring a jacket?" The girl just shrugged in my arms. I wrap my arms tighter around her pulling her even closer to where her back was pressed into my chest.