Special chapter 3

April 21, 1998

Haerin's POV

It's been about three weeks since Minji has been back. In fact I think she hasn't gone to the future since she's been back—at least she hasn't told me that she has. I'm scared. I'm scared she'll go back and this time she won't come back. She's probably annoyed with how much time I'm spending with her—but I'm scared that if I leave her she'll disappear.

"What's wrong with you?" Jungwon raised an eyebrow passing me one singular m&m. It wasn't even a good one, it was orange.

"Nothing." I gave him a small smile, grabbed the m&m and popped it in my mouth.

"I know you're lying." Twin telepathy is a real thing and it never misses. I can never get anything by the boy.

"Do you think Minji is annoyed with me spending so much time with her?" He looked so surprised as if my question was the most shocking thing in the world.

"That girl worships the ground you walk on. In fact Hyein and I have a bet going on for when she proposes." Proposes? We've been dating for a month. We are in highschool.

"What are the bets?" Might as well ask now that my interest has peaked.

"I said the minute we're done with school, but Hyein thinks she'll do it as soon as she can afford to get a ring." Jungwon laughs, pouring the rest of the m&m's in his mouth, chomping down on them. As my brother continues loudly chewing the rest of his food I see Dani out of the corner of my eye.

Danielle Marsh. Dani seems to sense me looking over at her so she looks over and flashes me a bright smile as she continues walking into the school. I know she's working hard to be able to talk and be around me like we used to, but everytime I see her I can't help but feel guilty. Ten years together I ended in one conversation. How can a person do that? How could I do that to her? Dani has never done anything wrong, never gave me any reason to doubt her, and I shattered her heart. I still find myself looking in the direction of the half-Australian even though she was no longer there. I see Jungwon turn around in his chair trying to see what I was looking at, but there was nothing there anymore.

I don't know how to act anymore. I'm constantly worried about whether Minji is going to get jealous seeing us together. I can't take her being upset with me, last time she was I had a panic attack—I haven't had one of those in years. I even called the girl to make sure she wasn't mad at me. I hate using the phone. If I could I would demolish every single one. She hasn't expressed her being jealous since that one time at the park a couple weeks ago and now every move I make I think whether or not Minji would be upset with it. It's not her fault it's my own that I feel this way. She has been nothing but kind to me and reassuring. Dani has asked me to hang out several times since then and I just can't bring myself to do it unless everyone is going. I don't want Minji to think anything is happening between us because there isn't.

"After school Minji wants you to come over." Jungwon begins gathering his things to head to his first class as he hands me the new pair of earmuffs Minji bought me the other day since those girls broke my old one. It's really cute they have little cat ears on them.

"How do you know?" The taller boy snickered as he adjusted the earmuffs on my head.

"She called." I hum in response as we walk together to our first class. Minji has never invited me over to her house—well I guess it's not really her house. I wish she would tell me about her in the future, but I'm too scared to bring it up.

-

Heesoo's POV

Today is a good day. School is almost over and no one is fighting or upset—that I know of at least. During lunch today Jungwon brought me a little cake from a bakery near our school, however I didn't get to eat it because Hyein and Hanbi got to it before I could. Like they quite literally ran away with it and just came back with an empty box. They couldn't even leave me a bite?