Chapter Sixty-Nine

Trigger Warning: Homophobia

Hazels POV

I wake up hot, too hot for a Christmas morning. Harry lays partially on top of me, his arm fastened tightly around me, our legs tangled up together.

"What time is it?" he groans into my neck. The crackle of his deep morning voice gives me goosebumps.

"I'm not sure," I whisper back. It's still dark out, but the glow of early morning worries me. 

"I should probably sneak back into my room."

"No," Harry settles into me further. With my arm wrapped around him, I play with the little tufts of hair that brush the nape of his neck while my other hand freely roams his back underneath his undershirt. A trail of goosebumps follow my fingertips as I drag them gently up and down his warm skin. 

"I want you to stay," Harry mumbles. His hair is a mess and with his eyes still closed, his mouth slightly parted as he breathes deeply, I get a look at what Harry is like in his most candid state. He's beautiful to me.

"I want to stay," I tell him honestly.

Harry nuzzles into my neck, his arm fastening around me, "That settles it then."

"I don't want Uncle Ben to knock on my door and find me missing." 

Harry's eyes open, but just barely. 

"Five more minutes," he says. I let out a tired laugh.

"Okay, five more minutes." I say, continuing to hold and tickle him.

Time moves far too quickly and soon I'm slipping out of our warm bed and wrestling back into my dress from last night.

"Could you help me?" I ask, fussing with the back zipper.

"Yeah," Harry says, with a yawn. He gets up from our cozy bed and shuffles over to me. I turn around and pull my hair the side. My skin tingles from the cold and Harry's slowly kisses against my neck as he slowly zips my dress up. Once it's finally clasped together, his hands wander to my stomach and holds me close against his chest. I wrap my arms around his, relishing in how sweet his embrace feels.

"I wish this was every night," I say, craning my neck to look up at him.

"Some day."

My cheeks suddenly burns. Does he mean what I think he means?

"Hey listen, before you leave," he says placing a final kiss on my neck, "I have something for you- A Christmas present.

"You do?" I smile, giddy inside.

I can't help but stare as he walks over in his boxers and undershirt to dig through his suitcase. I'm so in love with seeing him in this natural state.

"Come here," he says. We sit side by side on the edge of the bed when he hands me a small blue box.

"It isn't much," he says a bit nervously as he rubs the back of his neck. "It's just a necklace."

"Harry!" I laugh, smacking him slightly. "You're not supposed to tell me!" 

"What!" he smiles, turning away from my playful assault. "I couldn't keep it in any more."

I roll my eyes slightly. To my delight, I open the box to find a delicate gold locket.

"Harry," I breathe. "Why it's beautiful, darling!" 

"Really? You like it?"

I look up to see the face of a young giddy boy and it makes my heart skip a beat.