Chapter Fifty-Three

"What shall we do today?" I ask Harry, our hands clasped tightly together.

"First," he replies, "I should think you need a proper meal."

"Hot diggity dog, yes, please." 

Harry laughs through a grin, deepening his already adorable dimples.

"Well, that's decided then," he says. 

Harry quickly leans in to place a kiss on my cheek, but I playfully turn and catch his mouth with mine. I pull back, laughing with delight at how his green eyes flutter open in surprise.

Harry quickly recovers, laughing as he yells, "Come here, you!"

I giggle recklessly as he catches me and pulls me in for a proper kiss. His mouth fits between my lips just as perfectly as I fit into his embrace. His hands sweep across my back, pressing me firm against him. He holds me so tenderly as if I'm something precious, and the sensation of it all takes me away from the world around us- that is until a blaring horn from a delivery truck shrieks at us. 

Harry quickly jumps back, startled by the sudden noise in the otherwise vacant street. He nearly tumbles over his own feet as he hops up onto the curb which makes me laugh wildly.

"Oi, watch it!" Harry yells as the truck zooms by. 

He fixes his hat with a huff and nods with a firm look of disapproval. 

"Oh, darling," I laugh, wrapping my arms around his neck. "We're fine, we're fine." 

My hands trace down the front of his wool coat, smoothing out his collar as he mutters something under his breath, eyes still focused on the truck.

Still giggling, I shout to get his attention, "Harry!" 

He looks down at me, eyebrows pinched together. 

"You alright?" he asks.

"From head to toe, my love."

"Doggone madman's gonna get someone hurt," he grumbles. His flexed jaw sharpens his face, but I adore the boyish pout on his lips.

"You're very handsome when you get all flustered," I chuckle. This seems to finally grab his attention as he looks back at me with a single raised brow.

"Oh is that so?"

"Mhmm," I giggle.

Harry leans in, his face furrowed in a silly angry face. I clasp his discontented face in my hands as he wraps his arms tight around me. With absurd laughter, I kiss him hungrily. Each and every inch of my body tingles with joy as he kisses me back. 

"You promise you're alright?" he asks breathlessly as our lips part.

"Definitely," I huff, my heart pounding. "Well, except for.."

"Except for what?"

"Except for the fact that starving!" I giggle, throwing my head back. I can feel my curls coming loose, and for a split second I wish I had taken the proper amount of time to get ready this morning. 

"Alright, alright!" Harry chuckles, "Come on then."

He tugs me to his side and throws his arm around my shoulders. Tucked under his arm, I proudly walk beside him down the cobblestone path. The town is dressed like a village out of a Christmas story, but I'm much too taken with Harry to care. 

"You s'pose they're open?" Harry asks, his deep voice interrupting my wonderment. I follow his gaze to a sleepy little corner shop. A faded blue sign, etched with a faint script, Cafe, swings gently above the door.