ᴄʜᴀᴘᴛᴇʀ ғᴏᴜʀ

❀❀❀❀❀
"It's pretty cold today." (Y/n) said to herself quietly, looking around the store she was in. "Oh, I was just thinking the same thing." The nice female cashier told her, giving her a smile. "I always feel like my fingers will turn to ice. I hope your way home isn't too long."

"Oh, I'm not on my way home. I want to visit a friend of mine. I think he's sick." Her words made the cashier take a closer look at all the items she was scanning. "You seem to be a really caring friend. He's lucky to have you."

The (h/c) haired female smiled slightly. Having such a friendly conversation was really helping her to calm down. Seeing as the store was relatively empty and no one was waiting behind her, there was no rush for her to quickly get out of the line again.

"Do you really think so? That's really kind of you to say." Slowly and carefully, she put all the items she bought into a brown paper bag, handing the woman the money. "There you go. Have a nice evening, and be careful. I heard it will start raining very soon."

Internally, (y/n) couldn't help but let out an annoyed sigh. 'It will start raining soon? Really? Can this day get even worse?' Shaking her head, she put the change into the pocket of her (skirt/pants), before giving the woman one last smile. "Thank you for the advice, I will be careful."

'Since it will be raining, maybe I should take the bus.' She thought while leaving the store, hurrying over to one of the stops and soon getting on said vehicle. 'Just in time.' Relief washed over her as she looked out of the window and saw the rain.

When the bus stopped, it had already stopped raining again, even though only a few minutes passed. It also didn't take long for (y/n) to find Byakuya's home. The giant mansion was impossible not to see. 'Hopefully, his family is nice. But from what he told me...'

She quickly stopped thinking about it, ringing the loud but fancy sounding doorbell. Someone who looked like a servant opened the door. "May I help you?" The male looked around, unsure about why she was standing on their doorstep. "Yes, you can. Is Byakuya home? I didn't see him at school today."

For a few moments, an uncomfortable silence laid itself over them, leading to the male clearing his throat. "I'm sorry. Are you a friend of his? If so, I could give you his contact information. Master Byakuya did not come home yet." Her blood practically froze in her veins. "He didn't...?"

"No, he did not." He turned around, grabbing a piece of paper and writing a row of numbers down. "There you go." Handing the note to her, he then took the bag. "I will give these to the young master when he comes home. Goodbye, have a nice evening."

The door was shut rather quickly, making her blink a few times. "What...? Wow, rude..." She slowly looked down at the note she was given, pulling out her phone while distancing herself from the property, walking back to the bus station. "The mailman would've been nicer if I decided to send him that stuff..."

She dialed the number. It rang for a long time, but no one picked up. 'Did I type in a wrong number?' (Y/n) tried again, once more without any success. 'Come on, he's really not even picking up the phone?' All the while, she didn't notice the purple haired female in the distance.
❀❀❀❀❀