⥤ Prologue, Part One ⥢

Prologue, Part One

"The forest of Pandora holds many dangers."

Two human teens run alongside three Na'vi teens, and one child. Jake Sully warns, "You guys stay together!" The group giggle as they run off to explore.

The eldest amongst them, Neteyam of the Na'vi, wearily stays in the back of the group, keeping an eye on all of them.

Wild cards, Lo'ak of the Na'vi and Spider of the Skypeople, are at the very front of the group. Best friends, Kiri of the Na'vi and (Y/N) of the Skypeople, are next.

The youngest of the group, Tukirey or Tuk of the Na'vi, lingers between Kiri and Neteyam.

They eagerly explore Pandora's forests. They unknowingly run past a predatory creature. Eldest, Neteyam, senses this.

"Guys!" He tries to shout. A few pause, turning to see Neteyam — Kiri and Tuk. Others turn, but continue forward, teasing one another.

"What? Afraid we'll outrun you?" Spider taunts. He pushes his twin sister, (Y/N). She giggles and tugs on Lo'ak's tail. The trio run a little further.

(Y/N) was never much of a wild card, like the two boys, but she enjoyed being by them both too much to not join in.

Neteyam quickly spots the creature in the trees. He shouts, just as it leaps to pounce on one of them. "Lo'ak!"

Lo'ak sees the creature, just as his Neteyam warns him. He instinctively grabs his lifelong friend, (Y/N), pulling them aside. Spider jumps the other way.

Kiri grabs Tuk, and immediately takes cover, protecting the young one. Neteyam fires an arrow toward the predator, letting everyone get a running start to their escape.

"But the most dangerous thing about Pandora..."

The group scatters – unknowingly in pairs. Neteyam has reached his sister, and continues to hide with Tuk, high in a tree. He shushes her fearful crying and holds her tightly.

Kiri goes to find Spider, grabbing him and pulling him as they take cover in lower ground. They hide amongst the vegetation, crouching closely together.

Lo'ak and (Y/N) run, until they hit water. They have no choice but to jump. Once in the water, Lo'ak brings her to safety, where he can come up for air also. They hide underneath a hollowed out tree that has fallen into the river.

Everyone waits t for silence to fall once more, as the creature stalks the area for a while.

"...is that you may grow to love her too much."

The water is shallow beneath the log. Lo'ak stands tall, almost towering over (Y/N). They breathe heavily from the rush of adrenaline.

Then, the two lifelong friends lock eyes, secretly longing for something more.