⥤ Spider, Part Three ⥢

Spider, Part Three

They all return to the base, General Ardmore ready with intel. She's picked up feedback from an aircraft that's not theirs.

Quaritch knows this is related to Jake.

General Ardmore dismisses Quaritch, suggesting another base further that way for him to continue his operations at.

So Spider tags along, once again. The long flight with his dad gives him time to figure out what he should do. His twin sister has shown no signs of looking for him.

Quaritch makes the flight fun, teasing Spider by moving the ikran in all sorts of directions. Spider begins to have fun ... and begins to enjoy being around his dad.

-

The new base of Quaritch's operation is led by Ian Garvin, who doesn't initially want to help Quaritch.

"We can't afford to help you guys, I'm sorry." Garvin's apology isn't sincere, but his resources are stretched thin for his kind of work. "We only get enough funding for what we extract from the tulkun. But the natives are protecting those things."

Quaritch grows frustrated, and Spider notices this. Spider doubts that if Quaritch can't get help finding Jake, then he won't have his Avatar.

He remembers his sister.

"What if I can get you something that'll pay for everything?" Spider asks.

Garvin and Quaritch look, both with greedy eyes.

"I know where there's some unobtainium." Spider's suggestion allows Gavin to tell Quaritch everything. It allows his father to get all the supplies he needs as well.

-

Quaritch laughs, almost evilly as he is handed everything he needs to hunt and kill Jake Sully. Spider is disappointed to see all the weapons that are being prepared for their trip to the water Na'vi clans.

"You promised you won't hurt him," Spider reminds his father.

"And I won't." Quaritch wants to cross his fingers behind his back, but his son's eyes look up to him. He sighs. "These are just a precaution."

He walks past his son, who still doubts the deal he's made with him.

"Don't be violent with anyone," Spider tries to speak up.

Quaritch raises his voice, "May I remind you that violence never needed to happen. We needed the unobtainium to pay for our labs, the lab you were born into. They didn't allow us to dig for our resources, so we had to fight for our right to be here, to be on Pandora. I will remind you that violence, Jake's violence, is what killed me."

He sees Spider's eyes doubt what side he is on.

Quaritch takes a deep breath. He chooses his next words carefully. "Violence stole our family, Miles. Your mother and I were called to defend ourselves. Violence orphaned you."

Spider's eyes tear up. He begins to believe his father. "Why couldn't the Na'vi help the humans? Why did everything have to get so violent?" Spider hugs his father.

The Avatar is unsure how to handle this hug, but melts into his son's arms.

spider's chapters were more difficult to write, as i don't remember too much of his scenes compared to all the others with jake's family

i'm hoping i get to see the movie again soon!