⥤ Chapter Eleven : Freak ⥢

Chapter Eleven : Freak

(Y/N) sits on the beach, tracing her fingers in the sand. She occasionally looks up at Kiri, who was laying in the shallow water, admiring a little creature popping in and out of the sand.

Ao'nung and Roxto, along with a few more of their friends, stand around Kiri laughing. (Y/N) looks up, hearing them.

"What is she doing?" One of the oceanic teens ask.

"She's just looking at the sand." The teens all laugh at Kiri, gaining her attention.

"Huh?" Kiri wipes the water from her face, as she sits up. "What did you say?"

Ao'nung stares down at her. "Are you some kind of freak?"

Kiri stands up, rolling her eyes. She tries to move on.

Roxto steps in front of her. "He asked if you were a freak." The bullies laugh together.

(Y/N) stands up now, ready to defend Kiri. She doesn't appreciate the word 'freak'.

"No." Kiri tries to leave again, the guys stepping in front of her again.

"Are you sure?" Ao'nung smiles. "You're not even real Na'vi." He goes to touch her hand, Kiri quickly pulling her hand back. "Look at these hands, I mean look at them." He continues to try and reach for her hands, Kiri stepping back further and further.

(Y/N)'s had enough. She walks over, shoving Ao'nung from behind. "Leave her alone."

He quickly turns around, ready to fight back. But when he sees it's (Y/N), he becomes still.

"You're a freak too," one of Ao'nung's friends add.

Ao'nung goes to hold his hand up, about to stop his friend from further insulting (Y/N). But a figure comes to defend her.

"Hey!" Lo'ak stomps over. "Back off, fish lips."

Ao'nung smiles at Lo'ak, as he enjoys irritating him. "Ooh, another five fingered freak!" Him and his friends chuckle.

Lo'ak glares at him, squaring up to the teen. Kiri pulls (Y/N) to the side.

One of the bullies grab Lo'ak's tail.

"Don't touch me!" Lo'ak warns. The bullies circle him, angering (Y/N). She steps to Ao'nung, noticing his reaction to her earlier. "Leave him be."

The friends laugh at her defending Lo'ak. Ao'nung has a different reaction.

Neteyam stomps over, stepping in front of everyone to shove Ao'nung. "You heard her, leave him be." Neteyam has a thicker accent than his siblings. He points to Ao'nung, "Back off."

One of the bullies try to hiss. Ao'nung places an arm out to stop his friend, then smiles.

The Sullys and (Y/N) begin to walk away, Kiri sticking her tongue out.

Ao'nung feels angered by the Sully brothers, but won't fight if (Y/N) will be involved. His internal struggle allows him mutter out a comment. "They're all freaks."

Lo'ak stops in his tracks. (Y/N) notices. She reaches out for his hand, giving him more of a reason to fight them – as he wants to defend her, and Kiri.

"Lo'ak-" She tries, her thumb gently caressing his hand. Neteyam steps towards him too.

Lo'ak raises his hands, insisting, "I got this bro."

He approaches Ao'nung, and the other teens of the reef. He holds up his five fingered hand. "I know my hand is funny, look." He wiggles his fingers around. Ao'nung smirks. "I'm a freak, alien." The bullies snicker and chuckle.

"But I can do something really cool." Lo'ak balls up his fist. "First, I ball it up like this. And then-" He swings to punch Ao'nung. Then he quickly delivers two more, landing Ao'nung on the ground with a bloody nose.

"It's called a punch, bitch!" Lo'ak shouts.

Ao'nung gets up quickly, hissing. He charges at Lo'ak, tackling the two of them down. Ao'nung's friends try to help, going to grab Lo'ak's tail to drag him off of their friend.

This angers (Y/N). She walks over and side sweeps one of the bullies, knocking him down. The bullies hesitate to fight her, cause she's a girl. She hisses.

Ao'nung grabs her foot, trying to stabilize himself as Lo'ak tries pushing his face into the sand. This causes her to fall though, making the other bullies feel that it's okay to fight her too.

One grabs her legs, pulling her back. She grabs Ao'nung's ear, tugging on it.

"Ow my ear!" He shouts. Lo'ak is still on top of him, trying to fit in punches. But Roxto goes to grab his tail, trying to pull him again. "Ow my tail!"

Neteyam scratches his head. He doesn't know how to handle (Y/N) being tangled amongst them, but he has to go defend her and his brother.

Neteyam tackles a bully that is bothering (Y/N). This allows her to get up, and push off the one that is tugging at Lo'ak. She goes to hiss, before being slapped in the face by one of the oceanic teen's flat tail. This causes her hiss to sound more like a child's little scream.

Kiri giggles to herself, as she sees no reason for their violence.

-

A bloody and bruised pair of brothers enter the hut. (Y/N) follows behind, not visibly injured like the brothers.

Neytiri is especially angry with (Y/N), feeling like it is all her fault that her sons are in trouble.

"What was the one thing I asked?" Jake scolds. "The one thing?!"

"Stay out of trouble-" Lo'ak tries to speak, but his father cuts him off.

"Stay out of trouble, right!" Jake holds a firm tone.

Neteyam attempts to step forward. "It's my fault-"

"I don't think so." Jake shakes his head. "You gotta stop taking the heat for this knucklehead." Lo'ak lowers his ears, sad that he's the 'knucklehead' or 'troublemaker' in his father's eyes.

"Ao'nung was picking on Kiri." (Y/N) tries to speak up. "She was picking on all of us. Called us freaks."

Neytiri is saddened by her daughter's bullying. Her eyes even sympathize for (Y/N)..

Jake clenches his jaw. "Go apologize to Ao'nung."

The brothers freeze for a moment, exchanging looks. Lo'ak says, "What?"

"He's the chief's son, do you understand?" Jake points to the exit of the hut. "I don't care how you do it, just go make peace. Go!"

Lo'ak storms out of the hut. (Y/N) follows.

-

She grabs his hand. "Hey."

He turns towards her, letting her hand slip into his. She looks up at him, eyes smitten. Her thumb rubs his hand, calming his anger.

"Thank you." She thanks him for defending her. He smiles, remembering that she joined in to fight for him too.

i'm trying to work on some stand alone chapters for spider and his situation that i'll post sometime before the major events at the end of the story! i don't want to spoil too much

thank you for the positive feedback! enjoy!