⥤ Chapter Twenty-One : Where Ends Meet ⥢

Chapter Twenty-One : Where Ends Meet

Tuk is swimming in the water, still focusing on her family. She dives down to avoid being seen.

Ao'nung catches up to her, dragging her back a little and scolding her in sign language, "Go back, it isn't safe."

Then, a sinking object hits his shoulder. A gun. He moves Tuk back in the water, putting her behind him for safety. He looks up seeing figures on the ship.

He can make out a small, blue figure being held by a taller one dressed in human clothing. Ao'nung knows this is the enemy. He quickly swims to grab the gun, and tries to aim it.

Just as he sees Quaritch holds his hands up, Ao'nung fires, unaware that he was surrendering Kiri.

Quaritch is shot, and falls back to take cover. Jake pulls Kiri and (Y/N) aside, unaware of who fired.

Neytiri goes to raise her arm again, intending to kill Spider regardless. But Tuk distracts the mother, coming to the surface and shouting, "Mom!"

The mother and daughter are excited to see each other, but it is brief. As she's distracted, Spider shoves Neytiri to the side enough to slip from her grasp. He joins his father in hiding.

Ao'nung drops the gun, letting it sink in the ocean. He swims over to Tuk, surfacing making sure she's okay. The mother reunites with her, and hugs her tightly.

"Are you okay?" Spider asks his dad, who is happy at first to see the teen is safe.

"Miles," Quaritch tells his son. But his mission blinds him from a safe escape with his son. He pushes Spider aside, and gets up to taunt Jake.

"You don't want to finish this?" He says. He comes out of hiding with his knife ready.

Tuk and Kiri are with their mother, slowly stepping into the sea. They urge their father to leave it alone, wanting to leave.

Lo'ak is nearby, his original plan to be a getaway of sorts. He was supposed to wait for Kiri, Jake wanting his daughter and son to safely escape back to Neteyam and Tsireya's location.

But the gunshot alarms him. He guides his ilu around the perimeter, finally arriving to the scene. Neytiri motions for her daughters to get on with Lo'ak. Neither of them move very fast though, as they are all begging Jake to come with.

(Y/N) sees Jake's expression. She tries to gently grab his hand, pulling him along. "He isn't worth it, Jake."

Spider comes forward, standing beside his father. He has a knife ready, similar to Quaritch.

"I'll always be out there, hunting you. I will never stop, until I kill you and your family." Quaritch's words send Jake over the edge.

Jake turns around, pulling his knife out. "Let's get it done."

Him and Quaritch begin to fight one another. Neytiri pleads for him to stop, for the safety of her kids. She turns to once again tell her daughters to leave with Lo'ak. Ao'nung resurfaces on his ilu, offering to help as well.

Water spills into crevices as the ship continues to sink. The water spilling in swipes Tuk off her feet, swallowing her. Without hesitation, Neytiri jumps in after her. Ao'nung goes under the ship, telling Lo'ak he'll find them.

"Mom!" Kiri shouts, before Lo'ak reaches for her hand to escape. He turns to reach for his love. But she herself is drawn into battle.

"You're nothing without that Avatar." Spider taunts his sister. "You're not built for Pandora. You are not Na'vi!"