1 | dawn of love | neteyam

warnings : fluff
fem navi  x neteyam

playlist : (not in order)
nothing - bruno major
i love you so - the walters
until i found you - stephan sanchez

── ⋅ ⋅ ── ✩ ── ⋅ ⋅ ──

You watched neteyam huff and puff as he left his father's tent, the only thing you could assume was they argued. You sighed as you got up from the tree branch you were sitting on and quietly followed. It's not like you didn't know where he was going but you just wanted to watch him. You gracefully jumped from tree to tree watching neteyam make his way to his favorite clearing with water and staring at his reflection angrily.

"skxawng" You shook your head hearing him beat himself down. 'he's too hard on himself ' you thought to yourself. He picked up a rock and skipped it watching the ripples. You tilted your head before you jumped down making yourself known. "you scared me!" neteyam huffed after being startled. You softly chuckled before walking up to him. "what's bothering you 'tem?" you looked at him sympathetically.

He shook his head as he plopped down on the soft moss and grass. He rested his face into his palm sitting crisscross while softly playing with the water. "it's complicated... i'm just overwhelmed" you sat down next to him and kept your eyes on him while he kept looking at the water.

"with?" you asked neteyam inhaling deeply then while exhaling "everything! my father expects me to be perfect but i'll never be. i'll always be in his shadow no matter what!" he exclaimed splashing the water. You sighed and grabbed his now wet wrist. "look at me" you said rubbing his hand with your thumb. He shifted his eyes to look at you and instantly his face soften.

"i'm sorry we haven't been able to hang out as much i've just been frustrated recently" neteyam sighed biting his lip. "it's okay don't be sorry" you smiled rubbing his back. He sighed into your touch and you got an idea. You got up and sat behind neteyam. "what are you doing?" he asked looking back. "shhh trust me" you said pushing his head back around. You moved his braids to the side and started massaging his shoulders. "you don't have to" he chuckled. "i know i want to" you smiled leaning into his ear. He shook his head and blushed softly as you went back to work putting the perfect amount of pressure into his shoulders and arms.

Neteyam relaxed into your hands and purred softly. 'cute' you thought. You smiled as you rubbed and lightly scratched his back then you did something you didn't even register. You kissed his shoulder. He jumped "w-what are you doing?!" "shush big baby'm helping you am i not?" you rolled your eyes. You were met with silence and smirked as you replaced every rub with a gentle kiss on his back and shoulders.

After neteyam was satisfied he turned around facing you and grabbed your hands. "thank you i appreciate it really" he smiled. Then kissed your knuckles you blush and cupped his face. "neteyam" you said his name instead of his nickname and he tilted his head waiting for you to say something.

You couldn't get the words out so you just kissed the side of his mouth and quickly tried to get up but neteyam had other plans and tighten his grip and pulled you back down. "nun-uh you can't leave after that!" he blushed and laughed. Your heart swelled and looked away "i could've but you intercepted my plan" you pouted. He smiled before grabbing your face gently. "i see you" he looked into your eyes deeply "i see you" you smiled.

Neteyam then leaned in and kissed your lips softly and pulled away resting y'all's foreheads onto each other while still making eye contact. "i've been waiting to do that" he chuckled "me too" you smiled. "come on let's go 'tem" you said trying to get up but neteyam again intercepted your plan tackling you and you both went down falling on y'all's sides'. "nooo let's stay here longer..please?" he said giving you puppy dog eyes.

You huffed "fineee" you rolled your eyes as neteyam pulled you into his arms rolling into his back as you laid your head on his chest looking up at the stars. "you're so warm," he said snuggling up closer against you. "shh," you said closing your eyes as y'all laid there enjoying each other's warmth slowly drifting to sleep in each other's arms.

— [Fin]

a/n: anyways i hope you guys enjoyed, let me know what y'all want next!