23 | antics | rotxo (angst/fluff)

pairings: fem x rotxo

warnings: angst & fluff, mention of insecurities

synopsis: rotxo compares himself to every guy you come into contact with— even his own best friend ao'nung.

── ⋅ ⋅ ── ✩ ── ⋅ ⋅ ──

You can rotxo have been together for quite some time, but that never stopped his overthinking mind. He constantly thought badly of himself unintentionally whenever you were around. He thought you were too good for him and that he didn't deserve you, his head would fill with horrible thoughts every time you talked to a boy.

He thought his his hunting skills weren't good, his ability to ride ilus and even physical physique. Rotxo compared himself to his best friend all the time, ao'nung is naturally bigger in muscle mass and that got to him.

He tried to never show this because he knew it was a problem within himself and not anyone else's.

Until one day you were laughing at ao'nung's stupid jokes and unaware of the pair of eyes on you both. Rotxo clutched the bracelet he made you out of shells and started sobbing as he ran away, he thought he was pathetic and he wanted to crawl in a hole.

He made his way to the beach and he plopped down and hugged his knees as hot tears rolled down his face.

You waved ao'nung bye to go pick some fruit for rotxo as a little surprise. You hummed as you carefully inspected each fruit with love. You gathered enough in your basket as you walked to find your boyfriend.

You pressed the basket to your hip as you looked around and then you spotted him on the beach. You smiled as your heart starting beating a little faster and your tail swayed.

"Rotxo!" you smiled and waved as he jumped and looked up with teary eyes and tear-stained cheeks. You immediately went to his side and put down the fruit as you cupped his cheeks.

"What's wrong dear?" you questioned worried. He sniffed and wiped away his tears as he tried to speak with a shaky voice but nothing came out except more tears. Your heart sank and you pulled him into your chest as he clung to you.

You shushed him and scratched his back. "It's okay darling," you said kissing the top of his head. His breathing had calmed down a little and he pulled away and you wiped his tears away as he sniffled, "talk to me" you said cupping his cheek.

He looked into your eyes and took a deep breath and exhaled "i'm just scared...that i'm not good enough" he said. Your heart sank even more and you immediately pulled him back into you "no no no" you said holding onto him tightly. "Don't say that it's not true" you said into the crook of his neck.

"I know but," he said pushing you away to talk to you "it's just i feel...like everyone is better than me, every guy i see you talk to i can't help but think about how they're better than me. Even ao'nung is better than me! He knows how to hunt, swim, ride his ilu perfectly, and he is so much stronger than-" you cut him off with a kiss.

"Shush i don't believe any of that for a second" you smiled with teary eyes "i just can't imagine a life without you rotxo, you're amazing and perfect i love everything about you! I love your smile, your laugh, your words, your touch, your eyes everything," you said chuckling as tears rolled down your face.

Rotxo immediately panicked and wiped away your tears as he cried too "i'm sorry i really am i tried to not let get to me, but thank you" he smiled and held your face "i love everything about you too" you both smiled and pressed your foreheads against one another's as your tails intertwined.

Rotxo popped up "i completely forgot! I made you a bracelet" he smiled as he showed you a beautiful shell bracelet. "Oh honey" your heart swooned "it must've taken you hours," you said as he put it on you "i love it rotxo" you smiled. "I also got you something but not as good" you chuckled and handed him the basket of fruit and his face lit up immediately.

"Oh my favorite!" he smiled and immediately bit into it smiling like a kid "i'm happy you like it" you giggled and wiped away the juice that got on his cheek. He smiled and swallowed his food before kissing you quickly and going back to eating as you lovingly watched him without a care in the world.

— [fin]