25 | always her pt.2 | lo'ak

pairings: fem! x lo'ak (x rotxo)

warnings: angst angst angst, violence

synopsis: as you started to get through your days easier with the help of rotxo— it all comes crumbling down by the same person who use to build you up.

wc: 1.8k+

note: this is an angsty end and lo'ak isn't the end goal either lol

── ⋅ ⋅ ── ✩ ── ⋅ ⋅ ──

Your heart broke watching lo'ak walk away, falling to your knees you cried into your hands as you struggled to breathe while hiccuping. You wished he had stayed, that he would've held you and told you that he loved you too but you knew better. You knew that was just a fantasy you had made up in your mind and that's what hurt the most, that you imagined a version of lo'ak that was completely fiction— something that would never exist.

You had cut off all communication with him since then and it ate you alive, daily it felt gut-wrenching and consuming to pretend nothing had happened. Crying in secret, hiding, avoiding, ignoring, it was too much for your heart to bear.

Others noticed the difference and you tried to play it off as that lo'ak was just hanging out with tsireya, which wasn't a lie just not telling the full truth. It was all too much, you wanted to follow your heart but you knew you needed to follow your brain. You tried so hard to hold yourself together and pretend to be okay, but you felt the mask slipping. You'd show up late or even skip out on dinner because you knew you'd see them both. You would avoid breathing lessons, fishing, ilu riding, and sometimes even sleep.

Everyone took notice but no one dared to say anything, until rotxo reached out.

It was late at night and you were alone under the stars at the edge of the beach. Playing in the sand as you sighed and laid down on your back feeling the cold comforting water and sand.

"What's wrong?" you immediately jumped up and turn to see where the voice belonged to. You relaxed as you recognized who it was— rotxo, a kind kid who was the opposite of his best friend ao'nung. You felt a little uncomfortable by his presence, but you didn't want to shoo him away. "What are you doing here?" you asked avoiding his question, "just wandering" he said and sat near you. You mentally cursed as now that he would be harder to get rid of, and you would have to have a conversation with him.

"You didn't answer my question" rotxo said crossing his legs, you mentally groaned and plastered your fake winning smile. "Nothing just needed some air" you half lied, he tilted his head and furrowed his eyebrows. "Are you sure? You seem tense lately" he said cautiously. You started to feel a little annoyed by his statement because you knew that something was wrong, but you couldn't tell him— you barely even knew him, but you so desperately wanted to tell him everything.

"No, just girl stuff" you fake laughed touching his arm in hopes he would believe but he saw straight through. "I think it might be more" he said grabbing your hand. Your heart swelled as your emotions were beating against your chest, begging you to let them free. You let out a shaky breath— he was cracking your code within seconds and you were panicking.

"It's just...i'm worried" you said looking away and removing his hand. You thought if you faked a problem he would feed into it, so you could save your true feelings.

"You don't have to lie i'm here if you need someone in your corner" he smiled. You felt tears well in your eyes as your stomach was flipping. Your lips trembled and you shut your eyes tight as your emotions were seeping out right in front of rotxo. "You don't even know me!" you said angrily and turned your body away, "true but i have watched you" rotxo said then his face went red "i mean observing! No that's worse!" he said hiding his face in his hands.