15 | dull pt.2 | lo'ak

i decided to do a pt 2

warnings: angst & fluff

pairings: lo'ak x metkayina (gender not specified!)

summary: lo'ak left but you found him and told him how you felt

wc: 1k+

── ⋅ ⋅ ── ✩ ── ⋅ ⋅ ──

You watched him leave and your heart shattered— you really thought you could help but you failed to get through to him. What hurts the most was that he truly believed the words that were said to him and that made your stomach drop. Tears were rolling down your face as you were at a loss for words— you didn't know what to do or say. Everything just was silent but so loud at the same time, too much but not nearly enough. You couldn't fully grasp your feelings— you felt betrayed and rejected by the person who you cared so deeply for.

Your breath hitched as you looked down at your feet in the sand and your tears fell making it form into tiny clusters. You wiped your tears and tighten your jaw and fists— you couldn't just let him slip from your hands. You cared too much for him to just give up on him.

You searched everywhere in the village asking everyone if they'd seen lo'ak, but none did. It had started to get dark and your hope was diminishing, you sat down on a rock sighing. "Where are you lo'ak?" you said to yourself while closing your eyes to envision where he might be. Then an image of payakan— the young outcasted tulkun popped into your mind and you immediately jumped up and dived into the water to find them both.

You poked your head out quietly and saw lo'ak and payakan. You immediately hid behind a rock and watched them— your gaze softened and you smiled to yourself watching lo'ak talk to the tulkun. Something was endearing about the way he was patient with payakan and likewise. Then you heard lo'ak tell payakan he had to go and they exchanged farewells and you immediately panicked trying to figure out where to go. "Hello?" you heard lo'ak call out— he definitely heard you. "Crap!" you whispered to yourself thinking if you could just hide in the water— but lo'ak could just look but if you left right now— "what are you doing?"

You had been lost and thought you didn't pay any attention to lo'ak as he made his way over to you. He was now standing above you on the rock you were hiding behind. "I- uh um," you said nervously while picking at your nails as you got out and stood in front of him. "What, are you going to tell everyone that the freak is hanging out with the outcast tulkun?" he said aggressively. You lightly flinched at his tone before taking a breath "no lo'ak, i just wanted to" you looked up into his eyes and your lips trembled.

"Apologize" you swallowed nervously "i'm sorry i didn't listen well enough to you," you said as you felt your throat get dry and tears started forming. Lo'ak scoffed and tried to walk away again but your heart couldn't handle that and you immediately grabbed him without thinking "no! please lo'ak! please listen" you pleased as tears rolled down your face. You looked into his eyes as your vision was blurry and you could barely make out his expression.

"What is there to talk about?" he said softly while looking away. You let get go of him and wiped your tears away before taking in a shaky breath and exhaling an even shakier breath. "I just need you to know that i- care so much lo'ak about you," you said grabbing his hand "i need you to know that i truly believe in you and everything that you are and i want you to see it too— i see past what's on the surface—"

"I see you," you said looking into his eyes while rubbing your thumb on his hand but this time he didn't rip it away. Your stomach was full of anxiety and worry— you needed him to understand that you cared. His face softened and he sighed and pulled you into a hug as he held the back of your head as you heard him holding back tears.

"Thank you" you heard his voice hitch and you buried your face into his chest as you cried "i'm sorry," he said as he cried softly. "I'm sorry i pushed you away, pushed away the one who cared about me the most and i feel awful and i'm so sorry please forgive me" lo'ak said holding onto you for dear life. You clung to him before pulling away and cupping his face "i forgive you" you smiled and laughed softly as lo'ak held your hand.

He rested his forehead onto yours as y'all looked into each other eyes— admiring one another. Lo'ak then cupped your face with both hands "i see you too" he smiled before leaning in and kissing you softly.

Your heart swelled and almost burst out of your chest and you immediately pulled him in to deepen the kiss. You pulled away and both of y'all laughed as tears of happiness rolled down y'all's faces as you held one another in each other's arms. "Thank you" lo'ak smiled tucking hair behind your ear as the moonlight reflected off the both of y'all. Then your eyes widened as you remembered the time "lo'ak! we have to get back it's late!" you said panicked.

Lo'ak also panicked as y'all ran back to the village as fast as y'all could hand in hand laughing like two idiots in-love— which you both were, but at least you both said it and believed it with y'all's whole hearts'.

a/n: I'm so sorry I haven't been writing/uploading as frequently— I was so busy with school and extracurricular shit but I hope y'all liked this update. I also have a few more works on the way but don't forget to leave requests, comments, notes, or ask anything <33