4 | dull pt.1 | lo'ak

warnings: angst

summery: trying to comfort lo'ak goes south

playlist: (not in order)
remember you omnichord - trillian
i want you - mitski

a/n: i watched avatar 2 again but in 3D and i'm feeling sad 😞 so sad fanfic

── ⋅ ⋅ ── ✩ ── ⋅ ⋅ ──

Adjusting to the Metkayina ways was very difficult for the sully family and you noticed. Being the youngest child of tonowari and ronal you saw everything. Your brother ao'nung was a bully and not as accepting as you and tsireya are.

-

When the sully family showed up on their Ikrans everyone came to see who was there in their home. Your mother made it through and was at the front of the crowd. You stayed behind peeking over as your brother eyed the sullys and your sister came back from swimming and your father also came back. You walked over to your sister and held her hand watching the family trying to read them. You could see the desperation and defeat on their faces, and your heart swelled.

After some time and training the sullys were adapting and became stronger and faster, but that never stopped ao'nung's stupid comments. He constantly called them freaks and belittled them. It hurt you even though they were never directed towards you, you could feel their pain. Especially lo'ak's he was a fiery spirit and you liked that he talked back to your brother.

The more time you spent with the sullys the more you fell in love with them — platonically that is. Except for lo'ak, he was special to you, you loved watching him as a whole and wanted to connect on a deeper level. You could always read people's faces but lo'ak was another story. His face hid his story and it boggled you, to the point where you were always staring at him. "why're you staring" lo'ak bunching his eyebrows — most likely thinking you were judging him.

"nothing just admiring, i am allowed right?" you smiled as lo'ak looked away with the slightest hint of blush.

As more time passed you got closer and closer and the two of y'all's hearts grew stronger for each other.

but all things must come to an end..

That led to the argument where you are now with lo'ak. The words from your mother and your brother and his group have cut lo'ak deep.

"they think i'm a freak!" lo'ak said talking with his arms. "but they're wrong, i don't believe that at all!" you said grabbing his hands and trying to calm him down. "i love everything about you and your family, you're unique in a good way". "demon blood that's all they see" lo'ak sighed looking off, your heart sunk and you held his hand up and put it to your chest as a tear threatened to fall. "i see you" you stared into lo'ak's eyes. Your heart was beating out of your chest hoping lo'ak saw you too, you desperately needed him to.

Lo'ak's face was unreadable and it was eating you away as he looked at you in silence. The anxiety was building more and more as you waited for anything from lo'ak. He just exhaled and sucked on the inside of his cheek before saying "why can't you see" before ripping his hands from yours

and just like that he left.

— [Fin]

a/n: anyways that hurt lol. i've been thinking about writing some stuff about reader and tonowari let me know if y'all would be interested!