7 | burning | ao'nung

warnings: bully ao'nung / enemies to crush 🤭

pairings: ao'nung x fem navi (sully's kid) 

summary: you are a sully and a certain asshole has caught your eye — for better or for worse

playlist: (not in order)
flawless - the neighborhood
kiwi - harry styles
save your tears - the weekend
misery business - paramore
michelle - sir chloe
she - harry styles
still into you - paramore

── ⋅ ⋅ ── ✩ ── ⋅ ⋅ ──

You always were an "odd" kid they'd say. You weren't necessarily different you just didn't follow the quota — free spirited in a sense. You never let anyone talk down to you and you didn't care about people's feelings towards you, it never seemed to bother you. You also were 100% admit about boys, you swore to yourself at age 6 that'd you never get a boyfriend or mess with boys and you followed that to heart.

"WHAT?!" you yelled at your mother and father as they told you and your siblings that y'all would be moving. You knew about everything that previously happened but you know you thought y'all would pull through. You stomped your foot and your tail swayed angrily, "this isn't fair, all we've known is the forest" you said gritting your teeth. "i know i know baby-" jake said before you cut him off "where would we even go??" you said crossing your arms.

Your siblings were visibly upset but you spoke your mind — as always. "stop." your dad said firmly and you sighed and looked to the ground in silence. "we are being targeted and we cannot risk anything".

Then the next thing you knew y'all arrived to a water village, you and your family landed and hopped off. Y'all were tired and desperate even you, but you'd never show it. Among the crowd 3 boys came out and eyed your family, you snarled as they circled y'all. Your fraternal twin— neteyam smacked the back of your head and you death glared him while rubbing your head. Your father and mother talked to the clan's leaders, and the boys made fun of y'all.

Then the tsahìk insulted your brother "they have demon blood!" and you saw red, "we're no different than you" you grumbled holding back. You knew how badly y'all needed this but you couldn't just let them disrespect you and your family.

After they talked they decided to teach us, or technically their son ao'nung and daughter tsireya. You definitely didn't want to learn from the asshole bully, but your dad told you otherwise and you have been pushing your luck recently. So you complied and held your tongue for your family — for your people.

You prefer tsireya over ao'nung by a landslide, you didn't understand how she turned out so nice and her brother is just...him. They had been teaching y'all how to become better divers, finger talk, and all about their culture.

Then one day you and kiri were on the shore and you were looking for seashells as kiri was looking at a hole in the sand. You were a little bit away from kiri as you saw ao'nung and rotxo and you immediately ran over but it was too late. "he said are you some kind of freak?" rotxo said laughing looking at ao'nung. Then you grabbed kiri's hand "speak for yourself fishy" you growled.

"Oh look it's big sis coming to protect little sis" ao'nung teased "damn straight" you spat as you put kiri behind you. They circled y'all "you aren't even true navi! look at your fingers!" you smiled and flicked him off — like your brother neteyam you had 3 fingers. "suck on that bitch" you laughed "maybe you have normal fingers but your sister doesn't". "doesn't matter" you snapped eyeing him up and down.