vii : i'll be your first

★。🍰\🃏/🫖。★

A/N: Thanks for the wait again hihihi !! thanks for 1k views while i was on (ANOTHER) biiiig break

★。🍰\🃏/🫖。★

🂱

🃟

Abandonment locks eyes with everyone

---

Mysta Rias, the king. His eyes were still brilliant like the distant stars, and that inevitably enthralling poker face he wore, one in which only some would fall for completely. Damn, was Shoto one of them. The fox hypnotized him, leading to his own demise. Nostalgia pierced him in the most comforting ways, but ways that killed him softly. They were eyes he could fall into in every lifetime that would exist before him.

Though a cordial smile was effortlessly plastered upon his face, he came about to be ever so see-through. The fox-featured man seemed to trace hearts on his worries and doubts of the night, and swaddled them in bandages, hiding them from sight, though the scars didn't heal quite yet. Mysta had already constrained Shoto's eyes, a burglar to his sight. At the very least, Shoto would never have to look anywhere else but at him. Shoto admired as he rustled his hair between the ravines of his fingers.

No pretty little words came out of that man, a hand gesture followed his glance at Shoto's feet. He stuck a hand out. "Sorry to trouble you, Mr..." Mysta paused, waiting awkwardly for the blank to be filled. His sweat dropped as he raised a finger to scratch his cheek, not being able to meet Shoto's eyes.

Shoto laughed at Mysta's flustered nature, not thinking it as a rude gesture. He offered a hand in return. "Shoto.. of the guild!" Shoto smiled, scratching the back of his head. They shook hands, and shared an awkward moment of silence.

Mysta sprouted back his grin, the corners of his mouth stretched, for Mysta had planned to ask if he was aware of the ball's theme. His heart was beating faster, not to a particular rhythm, uneven as the bumps on a rhino's skin, unaware of what to do in the present moment. Mysta contemplated if he should ask, though it sounded more rude the more he thought, as the man clearly wore something off of the ball's theme. To save embarrassment for the man, he saved it for himself, and took a few breaths in.

Though, he clearly had to ask Shoto something, as he had already started the conversation. It would leave a much larger imprint in his image than he already showed in his own awkwardness by leaving the conversation. He strangled that question, when he took a different path. A bold question, though maybe in the views of a high king.