xiv : sugarcoated mourning

★。🍰\🃏/🫖。★

A/N: to be honest, I'm not that happy with my writing as the book carries on, since I feel like I'm more focused on channeling out chapters. I have a lot of other side projects planned so that I can look forward to meeting my own expectations instead of writing whatever on my longer ffn! Let me know what fandoms/ships you would like to see!

 ★。🍰\🃏/🫖。★

🂱

🃟

-

at the end of the day

your worries will fade away

--

Shoto stuck his head out the carriage window. The horses didn't go too fast, or too slow, but it was enough to catch the wind in his hair and his face. His purple hair lightened from the sweat drying in the wind. He quickly fixed the clip in his hair and adjusted his collar. Shoto pulled a mirror from his pocket along with a red eyeliner.

The road wasn't bumpy, so the ride wasn't shaky. He decided he could pull off the eyeliner there, so it was best he put it on now. He steadied his hand close to his eye and pulled a clean streak. The slayer liked putting it underneath his eye as he thought it made his eye look nicer, and overall prettier. He liked how he looked in it.

In the front, Vox looked through the carriage window to peer at the slayer. He was putting on red eyeliner underneath his eyes, what a look. The joker smiled peacefully before looking back to the road to whistle a happy tune.

"You too? I like using red on my eyes quite a lot!" Vox looked back through the window as he got Shoto's attention with the small talk. Shoto stopped applying it and closed the foldable mirror before shoving the pencil and mirror into his pocket again.

"Yeah, I just discovered it when my friend used it on me for some event, you know the Count and Countess with the last name Violeta? Their son is my friend." Shoto laughed.

"Yeah, I've noticed your red-eye looks, they look really nice," Shoto said in quiet honesty. The slayer reminisced on the first look he saw of the Joker. Handsome lemon eyes outlined in red and an inky mask as dark as night; he remembered it as if it was his lifeline.

"Really now~?" Vox smiled, not wanting to tease the slayer when he's been so nice.

"You look nice as well, keep your head up until we leave the event, you don't want it to smudge," Vox was aware that an important figure in Shoto's life now disappeared from the Earth, and he wanted to make sure that even though it was sad, that he had to keep his head up.

"Yeah, thanks," Shoto whispered. Maybe, maybe now he had found someone to carry on Ether's spot as a best friend. That made him smile.

Seeing this spread a warm smile on Vox's face as he looked back to the road. He knew it wouldn't be the same even if he were a replacement, but surely, he would try his best to enter the slayer's life. The castle was now in view, and the gold-embedded bricks were a sight to behold.

They parked in the same stables they had before and got out. Vox attempted to assist Shoto out like he was a princess of a fairytale.

"May I ask for your hand miss~? I'd want you to watch your step," Vox cooed with a bow while offering a taunting handout.

[VOXTO] Pawn's Graspजहाँ कहानियाँ रहती हैं। अभी खोजें