xv : love's illusion

★。🍰\🃏/🫖。★

A/N: sorry guys this isn't even a good chapter after a while. kind of rushed even with the amount of time i had, i've just been so bummed lately and I want to finish this up when I can

★。🍰\🃏/🫖。★

🂱

🃟

RECAP ; LETTER

Sir, Your Royal Highness

I've been having a little trouble with my boy recently especially with the delay in the events you and I discussed before the ball. Especially since we're expecting him to take over the guild, we'd ask that our plan follows through hastily. My husband has suggested we take a little time outside of Bakumori to ensure that our son won't be too against what we want for him. We won't be coming to the funeral, but he'll go as promised. I apologize if it's a bit of a stress for me to ask you, Your Majesty, but feel free to keep at our agreement when we are gone.

Signed,

The Guild

RECAP END

-

Vox swept past the numbers of people dipped head to toe in the color of night while mumbles of "excuse me" brushed off his tongue. 'A walk in the royal garden with the king; how romantic' Vox snickered as sarcasm laced his jambled thoughts. Prior to his arrival, a note was left at his doorstop, scribbled in deep blue pen and written in an interesting choice of words, signed by the king. A note that told him, the jester, to meet in the garden.

Upon seeing the king, Vox paused. The air around him bubbled with a mix of confusion and words that floated and flooded his mind. Along with this feeling that made him keep a distance, there was a beauty. A foxlike king who had his attractive points surrounded with white roses that dripped with red paint. (which, Vox thought was unusual, but it fit the scene.)

As if on script, Mysta turned towards him with diamond eyes and shattered the eternity that seemed to eternally stand between them.

"Akuma!" Mysta ushered a hand motion for him to come closer. Vox was pulled to a stroll in the garden with the king.

"Just Vox, sire." Vox said in a formal tone, much too formal for the flirt inside, but it was rightful for the subject next to the wealth of a king.

"Just Mysta, sire." Mysta brushed him off as he walked ahead, adding little skips in his step as he smelled the poignant flowers which drooped from the heaviness of the red.

Turning around, Vox finally met eyes with the king again. Like a gold and diamond pool, they matched so effortlessly. His stature broke, and he looked desperate, nothing like a king, but rather a loyal subject taken away to fight wars for his respective kingdom.

"I need your help, man," Mysta kicked white rose bud that had been trimmed off the tall hedges. Without a word further, he handed Vox a letter. It was a demon's mask with a fired dagger poked through the eye, the symbol of The Guild.