[Late]

I was running down the hall to go to my classroom 'I'm late again...' I thought as I entered the room catching my breath, Tired.

"Y/N L/N!! YOU ARE LATE AGAIN!!" My Homeroom teacher shouted As I tried to relax by breathing.

"You are one of the top students in this school, Yet you are always late!!" She continued to shout.

"Take your seat." She said as I sat down at my table at the very front of the classroom.

"Ms. L/N since you are late, you don't have any pairs for our upcoming project. So I will be paring you with Mr. Kim Joongoo." As the teacher said, My Classmates gasped.

Kim Joongoo was the worst student in the school and in our classroom, He was always absent every day, and when he attends the only thing he does is beat up all of our classmates.

I gasped and sighed, 'This is what I deserve for being late every day, But I'm tired from studying last night for the upcoming quiz, Fixing my bills and everything, I always have a good reason why I'm late, Why does this always happen to me.'

As I nodded to our teacher, She explained what we will do for our project. And I took out my notebook to take notes for the project and think about the details of the project.

As the bell rang an hour later. The teacher asked me to stay.

"Ms. I apologize for being late almost every day, You know I live alone and Fix my bills, and clean the house, and that is what I do every day" I explained.

"Yes Ms. L/N that is quite true, And that is why I am trying to teach you time management Because one day you will be working. And you need to manage yourself and your time so you will be able to handle it once you graduate." She explains calmly.

"But why pair me up with Joongoo??" I complained as I was about to give up everything since I hadn't drunk any coffee this morning.

"It is because you can handle Mr. Joongoo. Like the last time you both had a project, It was the only time he participated but he got an overall high score because of you." She said as she showed me the only graded work that I helped him with.

"I convinced him, Miss, I even tried paying him, Making the project a lot easier for him to handle," I spoke explaining myself.

"That is why you are fit for the Job Ms. L/N, I bid goodbye and wish you farewell and good luck." She said smiling as she went out of the classroom.

As she went out, I ran to the canteen to find myself a coffee to work and ordered a meal for myself that will help me survive another day in hell. After eating I drank my medicine and tried to relax myself one more time as I went to the faculty to ask my teacher about Joongoo's address. The teacher gave me his number and address. As Sighed thinking about what will happen and Accepted fate.

While looking at the address that the teacher gave me I walked to my next class, hoping everything will work out, and if it doesn't work out I need a contingency plan.

You may ask, Why didn't I just ask the teacher if I could go solo? I do ask her, I even beg sometimes. But she said that I need to socialize with humans to have a grade in good morals. And I need good grades to keep up with my high grades.

Yes, I am a haggard student that tries to get by the day. Trying to reach high scores at everything because I have a dream. And that is being rich.
I am actually a very lazy person but somehow I still pass, And that is very shocking actually. But a miracle.

*After classes*

As I got out of school Immediately tried tracking down Joongoo.

'I just met Joongoo for a while I already know his attitude, Almost though since he loudly expresses it.' I thought as I was roaming every street before I go to his actual house.

And who knew, I'd see him in the middle of the streets extorting someone of their money.

"Yo~What do we have here?~" He said placing his arm at the very back of the guy who was holding the money.

I sighed and waited for him to finish his business, You'd think I'd help that guy, right? But no, It'll just make matters worse for me. Considering How tall he is, How strong he is, and considerably annoying, Unfortunately, I am no match. I am not the smartest person in the classroom, and I am also not the best at making friends with people, But I can study and socialize, Like going with the flow like the water. But Joongoo is on another level. Fortunately, he likes anime and mangas just like me. One thing I can talk to him about.

As Joongoo finished his business I approached him while he was counting the money.

"Hm?" He said as he looked at me. "Yo, Your uniform is just like mine!" He said as I sighed once more. "Y/N L/N, You may not remember me but I'm your classmate and the teacher has paired us again for a class project and I need you to cooperate" I explained as I handed out my assignment notebook that states our project.

"Oh, You're that kid that got paired up with me on that project that-..." He spoke and tried to think what it was.

"Acting project that you needed to speak English on." I continued his sentence.

"Ah yes! Do the project on your own you don't need me." He told me as he continued to do his business counting the money.

"Look, I want to do the project alone, But Sadly I have no choice but to insist that you cooperate with me."

"Look kid, I am busy doing my thing." He said as he tries to count the money again since he lost count.

"I need it for my good morals," I explained. And Joongoo sighs. "You're making me count this fucking money again and again stop!" He said as he gave up counting the money.

"I'll pay you whatever the cost is, Just cooperate with me please" I beg him.

"Now that's what I'm talking about!" He said as he gestures for me to come with him.

I followed him to his house, Not a house really more like an apartment that he's renting at the most with a possible roommate.

"Gun! I hope ya don't mind this kid, he's just here to do some business with me." Goo stated as he took off his clothes leaving his boxers on.

'I guess he still mistakes me for a boy'
In fact, I am very much feminine or a female to be exact, But Since I always wear a binder with jackets on and my hair is very short since I had it cut off and I speak and act like a man. He must've thought I was a man. It was because I used to have lice on my hair. Thankfully they're gone now.

I sat and opened my notebook to try and start with the project.

---
06/01/2023