Chapter 01

Ariana's POV
I sat in my workshop making jewelry after school and thought about the day.

As per usual the popular girls gossiped (about Bella's arrival in particular today), boys were either acting like arrogant jerks or cute dorks, the teachers looked ready to end it all, and the Cullens were acting like their mysterious selfs.

I ignored all of this and continued on my way. I stopped as I finished the piece that I was working on.

The local pastor had asked for a vintage style rosary with pearls for his wife for their anniversary

The local pastor had asked for a vintage style rosary with pearls for his wife for their anniversary. I began packaging the order when my mother knocked on the door "Honey? We need to leave in an hour" I sigh and called back "Okay!" I then got up and headed to my room to change.

 I began packaging the order when my mother knocked on the door "Honey? We need to leave in an hour" I sigh and called back "Okay!" I then got up and headed to my room to change

Charlie had invited us to a family dinner at his house to welcome Bella back. I was being forced to go so Bella and I could clear the air before she attends school.

I grabbed my purse and walked out to my mom's car and climbed in. The drive there was wordless, and when we arrived the Blacks were leaving after dropping off Bella's welcome home gift. It was a rusty orange truck.

I raised a brow and looked at my mom, she seemed just as bewildered as I did. I worked, and opened my own business at 14 and earned $8,000 for half of my car and mom paid the other half. He just bought her a car? Well, he can do whatever he wants it's his kid, but I think that he should make her take on more responsibility.

Renee hired a maid and married a guy that earned enough money to pay for the house and their extra stuff. Neither Renee or Bella were responsible for anything, and depend on Phil to support them. Am I wrong for thinking that Charlie should give her more responsibility and tough love?

I sighed, already dreading meeting her again. My mom and I got out of the car, catching my uncle and Bella's attention, and approached them. As soon as Bella saw me she scowled and said "What is the slut doing here?"

I stared at her and lifted a grocery bag "Cooking your spoiled, ungrateful ass dinner" she let out a shriek and said "You can't talk to me like that!" I scoffed and said "Oh, but you can talk to me like that? That's bullshit" "No, what's bullshit is the fact that you're here! Charlie what's this fugly bitch doing here?!" Before Charlie could answer her my mom spoke up.

"That's enough Isabella, one more word out of you and I'll discipline you like your mother should've when you were a child" she said making Bella scoff "And what are you going to do? Spank me?" She shrugged and said "If that'll get the job done. I was going to drag you by your hair and beat your ass" Bella looked at little scared now and said "Y-you can't do that. Charlie-" "Charlie agreed that if you came at Aria, then all bets were off, and your ass was mine."

"B-b-but I'm a minor! You can't-" she started but my mom said "Can, will, and would gladly go to prison for it" Bella and my mom have a stare off while Charlie tries to calm everyone down.

Charlie suddenly looks to me for help but I ignore him and head inside. I immediately started cooking the stir fry.

They slowly migrated inside and both Bella and Charlie looked like kicked puppies while my mom sauntered in and sat at the table like the cat that caught the canary "What's on the menu tonight, sweetie?" She asked sweetly

I raised a brow and smiled "Sesame chicken stir fry with snow peas and other veggies" my mom's face lit up "My favorite!" I set plates down and we all started eating. Well mom, Charlie, and I did but Bella sat there sulkily staring at the table, then she stupidly glared at me and went to say something.

Before she could, however, my mom glared at her and said "Eat your food and say thank you Isabella" that shut her up and she reluctantly ate the food while grumbling "Thank you" I smirked and happily ate.

I love my mother.