Chapter 02

Ariana's POVAbout seven months had passed with Bella moving back to Forks

Ariana's POV
About seven months had passed with Bella moving back to Forks. Within the first two weeks she started dating Edward Cullen, which led to a whole lot of drama which I ignored.

Today was Bella's birthday and while the Cullens fawned over her the rest of the school lost interest. After the first two weeks, someone told the school what Bella did to me when we were both 9 and now everyone hates her.

I continued to try and ignore everyone, and focus on my education so I can get into UMaine and become a marine biologist.

I was lost in my thoughts that I almost missed the teacher say "Class we have a new student, care to introduce yourself?" "My name is Jonathan Carrington, but I go by Johnny" an attractive male voice said drawing my attention to it like a moth to a flame.

He stood at 6'4 feet tall and had a nose ring, lip piercing, and tattoos on his arms and neck. His skin was pale and complimented his blue eyes and black hair. He wore a jean jacket with the sleeves ripped off and a black wife beater tank underneath paired with blue jeans that had holes in the knees and combat boots.

The teacher then said "Johnny is from Gotham, so please make him feel welcome

The teacher then said "Johnny is from Gotham, so please make him feel welcome. Johnny, why don't you sit with....." 'Pleas don't say my name, please don't say my name' I mentally pleaded in vain "Ariana! Ariana, please raise your hand" she finished making me reluctantly do so. Johnny walks over and takes his seat right next to me.

'Okay, you can do this Aria. You just have to get through the school year without talking to the really pretty boy and you're home free!' I mentally thought only to be cut off when the teacher said "Alright, class, today we're going to be doing a project with our table partners!"

'No!' I mentally cried as the teacher walked around with a hat that held our assignments in them. She approached Johnny and mine's table and extended the hat towards us "Ladies first" Johnny drawled out causing pink to stain my cheeks. I reluctantly extended my hand to dig around the hat and picked up a piece of paper.

After unraveling it I read "Ancient Greek mythology?" "Ooh! That's a good one!" The teacher said before walking to the next table "We'll do the project at your house today after school, okay princess?" Johnny said. Causing my pink face to turn red as I shyly nodded.

He chuckled and turned to watch the other students.

~~~timeskip~~~
Johnny and I walked out to the parking lot together and I saw him get on a motorcycle.

~~~timeskip~~~Johnny and I walked out to the parking lot together and I saw him get on a motorcycle

"I'll follow you, okay?" He said and I nodded once more and got into my car. We drove along the back road leading to my house, but I noticed that he stopped and got off his bike causing me to stop and get out as well "What's wrong?" I called out in a stuttery voice as I approached him.

He points at some bushes and says "Look" I look closer and gasp at what I saw.

I quickly removed my sweater and knelt down before them "Hey you guys, C'mere" I said in a simpering tone and made kissing noises at them

I quickly removed my sweater and knelt down before them "Hey you guys, C'mere" I said in a simpering tone and made kissing noises at them. Johnny joined me and together we managed to coax the scared, injured pups out of the bushes and into our arms.

Johnny helped me get them to my car and we continued to drive to my house. When we got there I ushered them inside and after situating them into a comfortable position I told Johnny "Keep an eye on them, I'll be back soon" he huffed and said "Well, yes ma'am, boss lady."

I ignored him and went to the nearest CVS where I got Dawn dish soap, puppy formula, puppy bottles, wet puppy food, pee pads, chew toys, some first aide supplies, and a dog bed for them to share.

I quickly drove home, and as soon as I walked in I beelined for the couch where I had left them. Johnny and I carried them to the kitchen where we bathed them. During their bath we realized that the black puppy was male and the red puppy was female.

We dried them off and bandaged them up before feeding them the formula. They were starving and suckled it down quickly before becoming sleepy and taking a nap on the bed that I had bought them with a few throw blankets.

"Should we name them?" I asked after finishing laying down the pee pads making Johnny shrug and say "Well, they managed to make a mouse like you talk, so they probably earned some pretty badass names" my face flared red again and I quickly turned around and said "Why don't we start on the project" he follows me to the living room and we start.

We were going to do a slide show with an explanation of the beginning of Greek mythology and end it with Zeus coming into power and dressing up as Greek characters. We did a lot of research and took notes about all the variations of the myths before Johnny said "What do you think of, Thalassa and Ouranos?" I turn to look at him baffled and asked "You mean the Greek names meaning sea and sky?"

He nods and gestures to the pups and says "I think it's fitting" I look at the pups and said "Yeah...I like them" he continues to stare at me before saying "I didn't notice it before but you've got some green in your eyes....it's very pretty."

.

.

.

.

.

.

.

.