Chapter 12

Ariana's POV
As promised when Bella woke up I made her scrambled eggs with human blood. This time the Cullens watched me to figure out my secret.

Dr. Cullen was baffled that he hadn't thought of it yet. The baby was half vampire so it need more blood now and would most likely outgrow it when they became a child and exit the toddler years. Bella was still human and while blood does have nutrients it wasn't enough for her so by mixing human blood with food we were tricking the baby into accepting it.

Johnny was in the living room watching her while I explained how the Cullens should handle the situation "Their growth rate is unpredictable because of the amount of vampire in them, the more vampire they are the faster they grow" I explained as I stirred the eggs "We don't know how they'll come out so be prepared. Bella could give birth to a full grown adult, or a normal baby, or even a baby that grows rapidly."

Rosalie then asks "If the baby is born an adult or rapidly growing will they be immortal?" I glanced back at her and say "The adult yes, but the baby is a different story. I don't know what will happen if the baby rapidly grows, they'll either grow quickly until they die, or they'll grow until it reaches maturity then become immortal" I started plating the eggs and looked at Edward.

"You keep forgetting that this baby isn't all you, they're also part Bella. Instead of being so self absorbed think about how much damage they could've done to Bella, but didn't. They need their father" I said to him making him scowl at the floor "What do you want me to do?" He demanded "I'll explain in a minute. Let's go feed the beast" I replied then walked out of the kitchen with the plate.

Johnny's POV
I reluctantly kept Bella company while my princess cooked her breakfast and spoke to the Cullens.

It was awkwardly silent for a moment before Bella spoke up "I know that you don't like me, so thank you for being here" I scoffed and said "I'm not here for you" she flinched and nodded before rubbing her stomach.

She spoke again and said "I really do regret the past....because of my actions I lost the chance to have a relationship with my cousin and I could've had an actual friend growing up" I gave her a look and asked "So why did you do it?" She sighed sadly and said "Honestly? Because I was jealous. Ari was always the pretty one, the smart one, and the one that people liked more."

"She's always been sweet and kind and I felt like I was in a competition with her. It didn't help that my mom kept urging me on to do better than her, and I couldn't beat her or win anything against her. Then my mom said that if I took pictures of her naked and plastered them all over town then people would think that she was slutty and favor me of her" Bella explained "I just wanted people to see me."

I stared at her after her speech and asked "So that day on the cliff....was that your mother talking?" She shook her head "No...that was all the jealousy and pain spilling over. I didn't mean to push her...but I did and the damage was done. I don't think that I ever truly hated Ari, I hated myself and took it out on her."

I nodded at her explanation and turned my head as my beautiful wife walked in carrying a plate of scrambled eggs. Bella's face lit up and she started drooling at the sight. Ariana sat next to her and started feeding her the eggs since she was still weak and shaky.

I watched as she took care of her cousin who seemed genuinely remorseful about their childhood and wanted to fix things before the baby was born. Ariana was still weary of her, but seemed to want to fix things as well.

I decided that if Bella truly wanted to make things right then I wouldn't stand in her way.

Ariana's POV
After Bella finished the eggs, Eme took the plate and Bella snuggled into me. I wrapped an arm around her frail form and gently rubbed her arm.

"Cold?" I asked making her nod. Immediately Rosalie grabbed an extra blanket and wrapped it around Bella who sighed in relief. I nodded to Rose, silently thanking her as she sat on the opposite side of Bella.

"So what do you need me for?" Edward asked impatiently making me sigh in annoyance 'He just couldn't let Bella have a peaceful moment' Bella sat up and asked "What's he talking about?" "I was thinking that since the ultrasound won't work then Edward could try reading the baby's mind to get a feel for the situation. The baby's physical growth is accelerated, so who's to say their mental growth isn't the same?"

Everyone developed a thoughtful look before turning to look at Edward who groaned and yelled "Seriously?! Why couldn't Rose get the mind reading?!"