Chapter 16

Ariana's POVRose and I were getting the twins ready for the Volturi visit while Bella had a mini panic attack as Alice and Edward attempted to make her look more human as Charlie was also coming over

Ariana's POV
Rose and I were getting the twins ready for the Volturi visit while Bella had a mini panic attack as Alice and Edward attempted to make her look more human as Charlie was also coming over.....

At the same time!

But Alice said that this meeting needed to happen, and that it was time to tell Charlie the truth. Why we needed the Volturi here? I don't fucking know! I'm just trying to keep a level head.

Rose and I finished dressing the twins and I handed EJ to Bella to help calm her before going and sitting on Johnny's lap. When I sat there I felt like a guarded queen.

As the twins started to grow they began expressing their own individuality much like a teenager would

As the twins started to grow they began expressing their own individuality much like a teenager would. Their hobbies and styles differed, but they were close as close can be.

Elizabeth loved spring and pastel colors and liked to read, dance, and play the piano with her father. She loved flowers, playing dress up with her aunts, and very girly and feminine things.

Whereas EJ loved dark and neutral colors and his style often varied but he adored flannels and leather jackets and boots. He was a lot like Johnny, but he was softer than him and acted like a gentleman especially towards his mother and I. I suspected that we were his favorites.

The twins looked to be about four or five years old and were still rapidly growing despite being born in September and it was currently November.

I looked towards the door upon hearing a knock coming from it and realized that the show was about to begin. Charlie arrived first, which was a good thing as he would have time to get over his shock before the Volturi arrived.

Esme suddenly set a plate of food down in front of me and said "You should probably put something on your stomach now dear" I reluctantly looked down and resisted the urge to cry as I ate.

Apparently pregnant Atlanteans needed a high amount of calcium and phosphorus which is most commonly found in fish! Which meant that the baby was now making me crave fish! I was possibly once friends with my meal! Is this why the Cullens didn't ke...

Apparently pregnant Atlanteans needed a high amount of calcium and phosphorus which is most commonly found in fish! Which meant that the baby was now making me crave fish! I was possibly once friends with my meal! Is this why the Cullens didn't keep pets? Because they'd just wind up eating them?

I zoned out as I mentally had a funeral for the fish on my plate, then I debated whether or not to take Mera's advice and eat raw shark meat for three weeks to stop the cravings.

I was then snapped from my thoughts when the front door was opened again to reveal a group of people wearing black or dark gray cloaks.

The first one had an average build, being 5'10 feet tall and has almost translucent skin. He has long raven hair and milky red eyes.

The second one had brown hair to shoulder length, standing 6'0 feet tall, with an average build. He has translucent skin and milky red eyes like the first.

The third one had snow-white hair is shoulder-length, very close in color to his skin tone, and being 5'9 feet tall. He also had milky red eyes.

I assumed that these were the kings; Aro, Marcus, and Caius.

There were five people behind them who must've been a part of their guard.

The first one stood at 6'7 feet tall with a muscular body and having a slightly olive complexion which looks odd combined with his chalky pallor. He has short, cropped, brown hair and the darkening red eyes of a human-feeding vampire.

The second also has an olive complexion with a chalky pallor, and spiky blonde hair. He's lean and stands 6'3 feet tall. His eyes are burgundy in color due to his diet on human blood.

The third and fourth appeared to be twins; the female twin stood at 5'1 feet tall and has a tiny body with blonde hair pulled back into a neat bun and pale skin to match it. Her face is angelically beautiful in its childlike appearance with full lips and widely shaped eyes, but the red eyes tend to turn off the angelic a bit. The male twin looks very similar to his sister, though his hair is a darker brown, he is taller in stature, and his lips aren't as full as hers. It's the same angelic appearance with devilish red eyes.

Jasper spoke of these two; Jane and Alec.

The fifth is also female and she has black hair and is slight in build, being 5'0 feet tall in height. She too has translucent skin and milky red eyes and tends to stick close to Aro. She clings to his cloak like lifeline similar to that of a child in a crowded area to their parent.

"What is the meaning of this?! You expose more humans to our world!" Caius goes to accuse us but is cut off when the second female leaves Aro's side and bolts towards Uncle Charlie crying out "Mate!" She wraps him in her arms and snuggles herself into his neck "I've found you at last!" Charlie awkwardly hugs her back looking to be in shock.

Alice then cheerfully introduces them "Charlie, meet Renata of the Volturi. Renata, this is Charlie Swan" she then turns to Aro and offers her hand as I smirk at her and say "You sly dog" she winks at me and I turn to look at my uncle in happiness.

Life couldn't get any better than it is now......

.

.

.

.

.

.

.

Or so I thought.