Christmas pt4. Bums Together

‼️For my U

‼️For my U.K readers and anyone else who thinks of bum = butt or ass. I am using the American meaning bum = Hobo. Felt I needed to clear that up to begin with, although the possible confusion would have been funny! Lol 😂‼️

*Alex is locked away in his room most of the afternoon. You are getting a little worried when he finally emerges. The smell of old spice wafts out of the room and your eyes water because it's so much. You cough a little, he doesn't notice. You nudge Bucky who looks up and catches a whiff. He clears his throat.*
Bucky- Umm h- hey Alex? Did you spill some cologne or something?
Alex- No, just took a shower... why?
Bucky- I'm it's just a little strong, bud. *Alex nods and starts to get a little embarrassed. Bucky shoots up and wraps his arm around him* hey no- no need to get embarrassed. Umm how about you come with me outside and you can help build the fire pit with me. It'll wear some of this off. Okay?
Alex- okay *He nods and walks off with Bucky. Matthew comes walking into the room looking for Grant, when he breaths in the smell he starts to choke.*
Matthew- I- *cough* I can't- *he coughs again* brea-
*You stop him up and run him down to the lab. Screaming for Nat and Steve as you do. Thankfully Bucky and Alex are outside by now so Alex doesn't see what his old spice cloud did to Matthew. You'll have to talk to him about it though.*
Steve- hey bud, it's okay. Shhh *He holds him and rubs his chest to help him relax and breathe. Nat grabs an oxygen mask and gets it hooked up. Bruce hooks up some monitors and starts making calls to the compound Doctors.*
Nat- what happened?!
Y/N- Alex- his soap from his shower. It was too much and when Matthew came to find Grant he got choked up. *Nat nods and looks at Matthew. She tears up a little and then wipes them away and pushes down whatever she's feeling*
Steve- it was an accident, he's okay. Aren't you bud?
*He smiles through the mask and nods*
Matthew- where's Grant?
*You smiles and squeeze his hand.*
Y/N- he's getting ready for tonight. You can see him in a bit.
*He nods and settles back into Steve's arms. Samuel start to cry from the other room.*
Nat- shit *She says under her breath. She looks at Matthew and kisses his head* I'll be right back bud, okay? Just gotta get Sammy
Matthew- okay mama
*She runs out of the room, and Joshua walks in. He isn't scared at all for Matthew, like he's seen it all before, and that makes you want to cry.*
Joshua- daddy?
*Steve looks up*
Steve- yeah bub?
Joshua- I had an accident *He looks down and you and Steve look as well. You see nothing*
Y/N- well Joshua are you sure?
Steve- yeah I don't see anything
Joshua- I- I kinda... didn't make it to the potty and I- I pooped. *You look at Steve and he looks down at Matthew.*
Steve- okay Matty, you're gonna stay with Aunt y/n for a bit okay? Mama will be back in a minute. I need to help Joshua.
Matthew- okay daddy *He climbs into your arms as you sit on the bed. Steve takes Joshua's hand and says all's out with him, Joshua waddles behind and you try not to laugh.*

*You rub Matthew's hair and he lays back on you. His breathing has gotten better and his stats are good. He slowly falls asleep in your arms. You keep holding him, even as Bucky walks in with Ben who gets very jealous.*
Y/N- on Benji! It's okay, mama still loves you. You're still her sweet boy *You kiss his cheek and he grabs your face. You laugh and Bucky pulls him back.*
Bucky- he okay?
Y/N- yeah, how did you find us?
Bucky- we heard y'all yelling from outside. Alex tried to run in but he knew it would make things worse.
*Your heart breaks a little*
Y/N- where is he now?
Bucky- showing again. Gave him some fragrance free soap to get it all off and then I poured out a tiny portion of his old spice. *You laugh and he smiles*
Y/N- okay, I hope he knows that Matthews okay.
Bucky- he does. He knows *He kisses your head*
Y/N- hey *You look round and make sure no one's in the lab with yall* when Steve was younger and like this.. how bad was it?
*Bucky sighs*
Bucky- honestly? Bad... why?
Y/N- well I hate that Matthew is so sick and there's nothing we can really do to help him.
Bucky- yeah... well besides the serum.
*You have an idea*
Y/N- oh my god, Bucky! You're a genius!
Bucky- what- No! We are not giving him-
Y/N- No!! God no! Just- what if we could give him a bone marrow transplant?
Bucky- you lost me.
Y/N- bone marrow helps make your blood right? *Bucky nods* if he matches one of us and we donate to him then he would have a copy of our blood in him and his body would start to copy the marrow and duplicate what he's given. *Bucky nods slower*
Bucky- okay, I see what you're saying. We all have the serum, it's in every part of us, right down to our cells. So theoretically our blood would have it as well.
Y/N- exactly! We could give him the effects of the serum without the actual serum!
Bucky- would it work?
*You hear a stool scratch and some one walk over to you two. Apparently you missed Tony in your quick scan of the room*
Tony- theoretically... yes! *You both look at him* Bucky- wait, really?
*Tony nods*
Tony- I can ask Bruce to help run some calculations.
*You look at Bucky and you both nod*
Y/N- yeah, I don't want to offer this solution up to Nat and Steve until we know for a fact it would work. I don't want to give them false hope.
Tony- alright, operation secret vampire is a go
*You roll your eyes and Bucky lightly laughs*
Bucky- okay, well the kids are ready to get started whenever you are.
Y/N- okay, when Steve gets back I'll head out there.
*He kisses you and leaves with Ben.*

*Steve comes back and takes Matthew*
Steve- hey bud *He slips the mask off* feeling okay?
Matthew- yeah, can I go? I don't want to miss the party!
*He laughs and nods. Matthew walks out of the room and you hear the kids happily yell that he's "not dead!" Steve smiles and you two follow him out.*
Y/N- okay, where's Alex?
*Bucky nods to the front door. He is sitting there, waiting. Nervous as can be, he has a simple t-shit on and some sweats. He keeps fidgeting and muttering how he feels like he smells gross. Bucky keeps assuring him that the sweatpants are fine and not disrespectful at all. And he smells great!*
Alex- if you say so
*Lights flash across the front window and Alex starts to pace. You smile and Bucky stands behind you and wraps you in his arms. Ben crawls over and pulls up on your leg and whines for you to hold him, so you do. You two watch Alex as Lilly walks up to the front door and knocks. He freezes, no movement to open the door. Bucky whispers in your ear*
Bucky- poor guy, he's so nervous. *He then speaks to Alex* hey Alex? Open the door for your friend *He nods and slowly opens it. Lilly is there, pillow in hand, she is also in sweatpants and that makes Alex calm down a little.*
Alex- h-hey Lilly *He clears his throat* come in.
*he lets her in, her dad follows behind her.*
Lilly's dad- okay, we will be back to get you at 11:30, Lillybug. *He looks at Alex* you two have fun. *He looks at Bucky and offers his hand for a shake*
Lilly's dad- hey, nice to meet you, I'm John. Lilly's mom had to stay back with the little ones.
Bucky- we understand that! Nice to meet you John, I'm Bucky and this is my wife Y/N.
*He nods and shakes his hand. He waves to you*
Y/N- nice to meet you!
John- likewise. Well I'll be going, you two kids be good. *He waves as he leaves. Lilly and Alex are just blushing and standing near each other, looking but also not looking. You just beam*
Y/N- okay! Well Lilly how about you set your stuff down and we can get started with dinner!
Bucky- yeah! Alex, show her into the living room and where to set her stuff. Kids head to the kitchen!
*They come running in and Lilly just smirks and laughs as she follows Alex*
Alex- sorry, it's not normally this crazy.
Lilly- yes it is.
*He blushes*
Alex- yeah, it is.
*She sets her stuff down and then looks around, she looks at Alex and smiles.*
Lilly- I have to say, I'm glad none of you are dressed up. I was nervous on the way over that the sweats were a bad choice. *Alex blushes some more and shakes his head*
Alex- I was worried you would be dressed up and I'd have to change so I didn't look like a bum. *They both laugh. Lilly takes his hand.*
Lilly- well we will just be bums together. *Alex squeezes her hand and she kisses his cheek. They walk into the kitchen and let go as they enter. You and Bucky notice though, you may be a little rusty with your assassin skills but you know what it looks like when someone was just kissed by surprise. You and Bucky share a look and smile*
Y/N- okay, who wants pizza?!?
*The kids cheer and Lilly laughs as she takes in the Avengers family dynamic*