It's All A Game

‼️TW- Bullying, harassment, death threats, underage drinking, panic attacks, stalking(?)‼️

‼️I'm sorry in advance 😅 y'all waited all week and got this 😬🫣‼️

*The next year flys by and before you know it Winnie is 16 and driving as well, she begged for a "sweet 16 party" but you and Bucky quickly squashed that and offered a simpler party instead. She still loved it. She recovered from Thor leaving but she still misses him. She'd never admit it to you but you know she does. You will catch her looking at where he use to sit for dinner or walking by his room. Your heart breaks a little each time. She finally seems to be back to somewhat normal and even drooling over boys at school. Bucky has staved off the first date but you're worried that ship is gonna sale sooner rather than later.*

Y/N- kids?! *You walk out of your bedroom and yell to them all. They are all in their rooms still getting ready for school.* you have 10 minutes and then you need to be downstairs.
*They all yell back 'okay', yet you still hear hairdryers going so you know those 10 minutes will be 45. Good thing you told them to be ready almost and hour and a half before they really needed to be.*
Ben- how long and boring is this gonna be??
*You laugh and ruffle his hair.*
Y/N- pretty long and pretty boring but it's important, okay? And you only have to really pay attention during a certain point. You can bring your tablet and play those math games.
Ben- yippee *He says unenthusiastically. You shake your head and smile. Winnie comes down the stairs in a very good mood.*
Y/N- Andy why are you so chipper this morning??
*Winnie smiles and then realizes you are talking to her. She puts her phone away and crosses her arms.*
Winnie- no reason, why do you look... hot?
*Grant was walking downstairs and he heard Winnie. He proceeds to gag and shove past Winnie.*
Grant- that's gross, never say it again.
*Winnie rolls her eyes and sissy at the table.*
Y/N- I'll have you know Winnie, I'm always hot. *You give her a big smile* But also, why wouldn't I look nice today?! It's a big day!!
*Winnie shrugs. The triplets come walking downstairs followed by Steve and his whole family.*
Jonnie- how long is this gonna be??
Elizabeth- yeah, I have a debate club meeting today and if I'm not at school by 11:30 then I can't go to it.
Y/N- you're gonna miss debate club today and you will live. This is an important day, now everyone look alive!
*Bucky comes downstairs taking his sweet time getting ready. He is in a nice suit and his his hair is freshly styled. He has the slightest bit of gray starting to appear in his beard and it gives you all sorts of feelings. You beam up at him and he smiles as he fixes his sleeves and his jacket.*
Bucky- okay?! Everyone ready?!
*You walk over and link your arm with his*
Y/N- Barnes in one car!
Steve- Rogers follow me!

*You all sit there, waiting and waiting for the moment.*
Announcer- James Buchanan Barnes
*You stand up and cheer along with everyone else in the family. The whole compound came to see his accomplishment today. Bucky walks across the stage and you have to wipe a tear away from your eyes. You two joke about his Dr. Barnes title but you really couldn't be prouder of him. He started for you and finished for himself. The university even offers him a job as a part time professor. You two are still talking it over because you've gotten back into missions and he'd hate to have to cancel classes one week because of a last minute mission. He gets his new hat and fancy robe bestowed upon him and then he searches the crowd and meets your gaze. He smiles and you feel little butterflies in your stomach. Ben taps you arm and you look down at him.*
Ben- can I play real games now?
*You laugh and let him play his games as you sit and try to compose yourself.*