2 - TALK

TALK

            "Leave." Shadow told Sonic at the other side of the door, he locked the door at the inside before the Blue Hero knocked at his door asking to come in.

            "Please Shadow, let's talk." Sonic begged.

            "There's nothing to talk about Faker, you're such a disturbance." The ebony Hedgehog crossed his arms looking at the door itself.

            "Please Shadow..." He hears Sonic lean on the door before sliding down.

            "We have nothing to talk about."

            "Shadow... Robotnik..." Sonic mumbled. "Please, just listen."

            Something clicked inside Shadow as he heard that making him go numb, and his ears perked up as if ready to listen.

            "What I said yesterday..." Sonic took a deep breath. "I'm sorry I said it at the most unexpected moment..." He chuckled lowly. "It's embarrassing..."

            "I-"

            "What I said was true... I truly do mean it, Shadow." He says. "It sounds crazy, but I want to stay by your side."

            Shadow wanted to open the door, but he couldn't... His pride wouldn't let him, but somehow what Sonic said made him kind of happy.

            "I'm sorry for what I said yesterday, I hope nothing will change between us, I won't bother you anymore Shadow." He said as he stood up.

            Shadow just dumbfoundedly stared at the door. He hears Sonic walking away, and out of nowhere, not wanting the Blue Hero to leave yet, he shoots out the door and grabs Sonic's arm.

            Sonic looked at him wide-eyed, the ebony Hedgehog surprised him.

            "Shadz-?"

            "My? Sonic the Hedgehog? In the flesh?" Shadow froze, he knew that voice, he looked up, and in front of them was a man in his early fifties, he was wearing glasses, a white shirt, black slacks, a long lab coat on top, and he had a long brown mustache. "Hello Shadow?" The man looks at the ebony Hedgehog and then at the azure one. "Oh? Am I interrupting something?"

            "No!" Shadow shouted and pushed Sonic away. "Go away, Ivo."

            "Sure," Ivo said amused. "C'mon, Maria's waiting downstairs." He smiled. "She's also been wanting to meet you Sonic, come along now you two."

            "M-me?" Sonic pointed to himself.

            "Who else is named Sonic?" Shadow rolls his eyes at the Blue Blur, as he walks passed him.

            "That was mean Shadz." Sonic chuckled following behind the ebony Hedgehog.

            "Stop calling me that." He huffed.

            "You two. You can continue your flirting later, not right now." Ivo sighed at them.

            "We're not flirting!" The two yelled at the Human at the same time.

            "Ivo?" A deep voice came, and they saw a man in a G.U.N. uniform, he was in his late forties yet, his hair was mostly turning white, while his sharp and intelligent eyes gave off an intimidating aura. "Shadow and Sonic, hello."

            "Yo." Ivo greeted him as he walked towards the younger with open arms, who moved out of the way to avoid the hug. The Scientist chuckled at the Commander and sighed.

            "Hello, Commander Tower." Shadow greeted before giving the Human a bow showing respect. Sonic was confused at first but followed suit.

            "Please Shadow, we're outside work, you can call me Abraham, no need for honorifics." He said. "I'm just in my uniform in case I get called in for an emergency."

            "I see." Shadow nodded.

            "Well, come along now." Ivo repeated.