13 - WELCOME BACK!

WELCOME BACK!

*Present: 4 years later*

"Happy 18th birthday Tails!" The amber-colored Fox smiled at Amelia, Blaze, Rouge, and then at his pair.

"Happy birthday Tails." The pink-furred Hedgette said as she gave the younger a hug. "I'm sorry your brother didn't come today." The Fox gave her a soft smile and shook his head.

"It's alright, it's not the first time he missed my birthday, I mean he's a busy prince." He chuckled. "It's not a big deal."

"Tails, it is a big deal, you never miss to greet him on his birthday, it's not fair that he doesn't acknowledge yours. You're his brother, and he promised to come back to Central for good, after finishing his 4 year training." Knuckles says.

"Knuckles, somebody's at the door." Amelia says walking by them to go to Blaze who was standing alone beside the couch.

"Why didn't you open it then?" The older asked her with a raised brow. Amy rolled her eyes and put an arm around Blaze who leaned on her Dom immediately. Silver sat beside them.

"On it." A bat flew by to open it for them. "Oh hey there?" She said. "You're late."

"Sorry, I paused on the way here in front of the TV station, I saw something on the news." The newly arrived Mobian chuckled.

"Rouge? Who is that?" Knuckles yelled as he picked up Miles and placed him on his shoulder. The twin-tailed fox yelped out of surprise, though he was all grown up, Knuckles got that habit of placing him on his shoulder like a bird.

"Yo! Sorry I was late." The new arrival slicked back his well-groomed quills, brushing his fingers through them, as he walked into the room, and looked at his friends. "Sup?"

"Sonic!" Miles jumped off of Knuckles' shoulder and threw himself unto his brother. "Welcome back!"

Sonic hugged his brother back by placing an arm on his back pulling the younger into an embrace.

"I'm back Tails and I'm done, the city is still doing well since I left huh?" He asked as they pulled away.

"Better than ever." Amelia chuckled.

"Oh, and hey Ames, Blaze. How are you two? When did you two get together?" Sonic turned to the couple.

Blaze nuzzles Amelia to hide her face from Sonic. Wrapping her tail around her Dom.

"About 3 years ago." Amelia smiled at her. "Why don't we take a seat Blaze?" She lead her partner to the couch.

"We've got the ice cream!" A white-furred Hedgehog yelled as he flew in, with a magenta-colored chameleon who was holding the bowls for the ice cream. "Sonic! Welcome! You look kinda different."

"Now that I notice it. Lovely colored nails you have there, Blue." Rouge giggled as Sonic made a pose, showing his red-painted nails, and making everybody in the room laugh.

"Sonia and Sally painted them on me before I left." He chuckled.

"Hello! Mr. Sonic!" A light brown rabbit walked into the room and waved at him.

"If it isn't Cream? How have you been?" Sonic turned to the teen. She was 16 years old now, tall, beautiful, and kind, a Sub that was protected by everybody around her.

"I'm doing great Mr. Sonic." She smiled.

"Where's Charmy?" Espio asked.

"He challenged me to who would arrive here first and I won." She proudly says. "He'll be here in just a few seconds or so."