1 - REJECTION

REJECTION

*4 years ago*

The sun was setting, the sea was a brilliant mixture of purples, reds, pinks, oranges, and yellows.

Blue quills flowed with the warm air coming from the sea.

Black and red quills swayed as they contained their slight curl.

"So what did you call me out here for Faker?" Shadow raises a brow at the innocent-looking azure Hedgehog in front of him.

Sonic shyly scratched the back of his head.

"Well... Have you gotten your check-up for your Dynamics yet?" He asked. "Well, I'm a Sub, and i-if you're a Dom... Can we be a pair?"

Shadow just blinked at the younger, before raising a brow at the Blue Hero.

"What do you think of me? We're rivals, Faker. Nothing more, nothing less." He crossed his arms. "You're nothing but a thorn by my side anyway, it's getting annoying." He turned away from Sonic. "Go home, it's getting late." He said before walking away. "Shit."

*****

*The next day*

"Damn, he said that?" Knuckles clenched a fist. "He really is a jerk."

"Shush you." Miles hushed the crimson being. "Are you okay Sonic?" He asked his adoptive brother.

Sonic just stared at the food in front of him, his mind went blank after he told them the story.

"You're nothing but a thorn by my side." Those words kept rewinding in his brain, and he hated it.

"Brother?" Small hands shook him out of his daydreaming.

"Huh?"

"Are you okay?" The younger repeated. Sonic blinked at him and smiled, patting his brother's head.

"I'm okay."

"Sure..." Miles says unsurely as he pouted at the azure Hedgehog.

"Imma go out for air." Sonic said then stood up from his seat. "I'll be back by sundown, don't look for me." He told them. "Knuckles stay here with Tails."

"Sure, I'll be here watching him until you come back." The crimson being says. "So make sure you come back."

"Yeah, yeah, I'll be off man."

*****

*Shadow's place*

"Is it me or Shadow hasn't walked out of his room the whole day?" A white-furred Hedgehog pointed out as he flew around the living room using his Telekinesis.

"He had a mission yesterday Silv, let him rest." Blaze says.

"I heard him crying when he came home yesterday though." Silver says.

"Did I hear that the invincible 'Shadow came home crying'?" A white-furred Bat popped in her head from the doorway of the kitchen.

"Mhmm... He was saying something, it was along the lines of 'I'm so stupid... Faker... It's your fault.' It's along those lines." The amber-eyed male said before landing and taking a seat beside Blaze on the couch.

"What happened? I wonder..." Rouge says as she crosses her arms.

"The only person I heard him call 'Faker' is Sonic." Silver says as he leans on Blaze's shoulder. "Did they have a fight?"

"If they did, then it might have been a very bad or personal one since Shadow cried." Rouge flapped her wings to hover. "I'm going to take some blankets out, Maria, her husband, and Ivo will be coming to visit, Silver do close the AC, Maria's very susceptible to the cold."

"Going." He said and floated towards the AC.

"Who cried?" Shadow walked into the room, his quills flying in every direction, his eyes red, and his nose swollen.

"Oh my- You look absolutely terrible." Rouge put a hand on her mouth.

"I appreciate you for pointing that out, is there coffee?" He scoffed.

"Yes, there's a lot left at the coffee maker, help yourself." Blaze gave the older a soft smile.

The ebony Hedgehog turned away with a 'hmph' and muttered a silent 'thank you' to the princess, before turning and walking off towards the direction of the kitchen.

"By the way Shadow, Maria's coming over." Rouge told him.

Shadow just sighed. It's not that he doesn't want to see her, but every time he sees her in a wheelchair reminds him of how much of a failure he is as a protector.

"I see, call me when she's here."

"She's tagging along her husband, Ivo, and Abraham." She continued.

Shadow's eyebrows furrowed, he doesn't particularly hate them, it's just when those three are together. It's pure chaos, that it gives him a huge hell of a headache.

Pretending he didn't hear her, he quietly walked up the stairs to his room.

A knock at the door, suddenly made Shadow stop moving.

"Coming!" Silver says before flying to the front door's direction.

"Oh? She came sooner than expected, Shadow why are you walking away?"

"That's not Maria." Shadow bluntly says as he continues to walk away.

"Hi Sonic, wasn't expecting you to come by, who are you here for?" Silver cheerfully asked the older after giving his friend a hug.

"Hey Silv, is Shadow around?" He asked.

"He is, want me to call for him? Or..?" The snow-furred male asked hesitantly, moving out of the doorway for the Blue Blur.

"Excuse me for the intrusion." He said before walking in.

"His room is upstairs, second door to the left." The amber-eyed male said.

"Thank you, Silver."

"Do cheer him up, do not upset him further, thank you." Rouge told him, as he passed by the living room.

"Sorry... That was my fault." Sonic stopped and rubbed the back of his neck as he apologized to the agent.

"Well, go on dear, take good care of him."

"Thank you, Rouge."