3 - LAST HANGOUT

LAST HANGOUT

            "Shadow." A beautiful blond woman who was in her early fifties smiled at the ebony Hedgehog as they were walking down the stairs. The woman was sitting on a wheelchair, with Silver and Blaze standing beside her.

            "Maria, how have you been?" He asked.

            "I'm doing splendid Shadow, it's nice to see you again. I came by because I've heard you're going to be moved into the Navy, are you sure, you're going to be okay?" She asked worriedly.

            "The Navy?" Sonic asked.

            "Let's talk in the living room." Ivo says.

*****

            "There have been a lot of attacks at sea on merchant ships this past two weeks and HQ had asked if I could transfer one of my Lieutenant Commanders to the Navy to help." Abraham Tower explained.

            "I volunteered to be transferred instead of Rouge," Shadow said as Sonic stared at him.

            Maria noticed the staring.

            "Sonic, right? I've had heard a lot about you from Shadow." She smiled. "Adorable smile, brilliant blue fur and quills, and warm emerald green eyes. Just as he described you." She said as she wheeled over to pat the Blue Hero's head.

            "Maria..." Shadow looked at her then looked down hiding his face that had turned beet red.

            Sonic turned to look at him and gave him a smile.

            "Thank you for the compliments Shadz." He smiled.

            "Tsk." Shadow huffed, grumbling curses at the Blue Hero.

            "Well, if you're leaving then so am I." Sonic declared.

            "For what reason?" Shadow crossed his arms at the Blue Blur.

            "Training." The Blue Blur replied. "I have to make a new move, it's for my and other Subs' sake that I need to protect." He said as he clenched and unclenched his hand. "I want to get stronger as well."

            "Where will you be going?" Abraham asked.

            "That, I haven't decided yet."

            "Juen," Shadow said. "You can visit your family."

            Sonic looked at the Black Blur surprised once again.

            "How did you-"

            "He's not an agent for nothing." Mark, Maria's Husband, said walking in with a tray of drinks in his hand. "Who wants some chamomile tea?" He asked.

            The Mobians except Shadow picked up one cup each. The Humans picked up one each also.

            "I have heard that King Scourge was there," Abraham said. "Do watch him, so he won't make any trouble."

            "Scourge is a Sub also, he must've come to the kingdom to find a Dom." Sonic pointed out as he sipped on his tea.

            "When will you be leaving?" Maria asked.

            "I'm going to be deployed tomorrow," Shadow said.

            "I'm going to leave tomorrow then."

            "Aww, that's too bad." Maria sighed. "I was going to take you both out together, us three, I want to know how you two met, honestly I never asked Shadow how he met you."

            "Funny story really." Sonic chuckled.

            "Don't you dare." Shadow growled. Sonic laughed this time.

            "C'mon Shadow, I want to know." Maria said, holding the ebony Hedgehog's gloved hand.

            "I'll tell you later..."

            "Say..? Can we come visit you Sonic?" Silver asked shyly.

            "Of course, if you want to find a Dom in my kingdom, of course, I'd be happy to have you." Sonic smiles at him.

            "T-that's not-!" The snow-furred Hedgehog, cut himself off, his face red, as he crossed his arms, and pouted at the older Hedgehog.

            Maria giggled at this.

            "It must be fun letting them stay with you Shadow." She said, Shadow just squeezed Maria's hand lightly, and she gave him a smile.

            "Hello beautiful, here are the pictures of Shadow you wanted," Rouge said as she walked in, a photo album in hand.

            "Rouge." Shadow said sharply. "You can't just show that to other people."

            "Can I see also!?" Sonic cheerfully asked and Shadow shot him a glare.

            "No, because you're leaving." Sonic's face scrunched up as he pouted at the ebony Hedgehog.

            "WhAaAt!? Nooooooo..." He whined. "Shadz~" Sonic's pout turned into a crooked smile. "Please..?"

            Shadow furrowed his brows.

            "Tsk, no." Sonic didn't want to get under his skin so he just let it go and sighed.

            "Alright then..." The Blue Hero stood up and walked to Shadow. "One last request before I leave."

            "That is?" Shadow raises a brow at Sonic.

            "This." Sonic grabbed Shadow's arm and pulled him into a hug, which made Shadow freeze as his face landed on Sonic's chest.

            Maria smiled at the sight, Ivo and Mark rolled their eyes at them and Abraham gave them a small smile.

            "Why don't we all go out together and have fun before the two of you leave for tomorrow? You can call your friends also."

            Rouge looked at Abraham as it wasn't her day off. The Commander nodded at her.

            "Thank you, sir." She smiled.

            "Get off of me!" Shadow shouted as he pushed Sonic away from him.

            "Play nice you two." Blaze giggled.

            "They will never." Silver sighed. "They're rivals or what Shadow calls them."

            "Geez Shadz, you're so uptight." Sonic regained his balance and put a hand on his hip then sighed. "Try to break free and relax, you know?"

            "Don't lump me with you who only knows how to be careless!" The ebony Hedgehog yelled.

            "Break it up you two!" Rouge yelled and grabbed them by their arms. "I'm going to handcuff you both together if you do not behave." That silenced them.

            "Well then, shall we go?" Blaze clapped, as Silver used his Psychokinesis to hold the bickering Hedgehogs in the air as Rouge released both of them.

            "Tsk." Shadow crossed his arms.

            "Hmmp," Sonic mumbled curses under his breath.

            "That's better." Rouge smiled. "Let's go!"