4 - MARIA ROBOTNIK

MARIA ROBOTNIK

            Maria Robotnik. Beautiful Maria Robotnik. Ivo Robotnik's dear cousin, Gerald Robotnik's granddaughter, and Shadow's beloved best friend. Sitting in a wheelchair and needing her husband to push her wheelchair around. Her husband was Ivo's best friend who she met when she came down to Mobius.

            How'd she end up like that?

            Well... As she and Shadow was escaping from when G.U.N. ambushed their old home, the A.R.K.

            Maria's leg was shot by one of the G.U.N. agents following them. More than 40 years had passed and Abraham had kept records of the man, Maria even had visited the man once before he had passed.

*Aftermath of A.R.K. ambush*
*Only Maria and Shadow escaped*
*In a Hospital on Mobius*

            "I'm sorry Miss Robotnik, but from now on you will not be able to put your full weight on your leg, the damage from the bullet has caused long-term damage on your left leg's peroneal nerve, and you'll have trouble using your leg and you'll experience numbness, but it can be healed with a nerve transplant surgery." The doctor suggested. "But since you're still a minor, I'll leave it to your guardian to decide." He said looking at Shadow who was still in a bed next to hers, he was still unconscious.

            "No, there's no need for a transplant, the good thing is I'm still alive." She smiled at the doctor. "Besides, I had enough with running away." She giggled. "I thought I would never wake up after that shot."

            "Maria..." Shadow murmured in his sleep.

            "I heard, in the object you arrived in. That Mobian was holding you close to him, protectively, he was still conscious when people saw you land on an empty field near Koki Forest." The doctor explained. "He would growl at the people trying to help you, but a little boy your age came and talked to him, though not getting any replies, he slowly and gently pulled you away from your Mobian. When ambulances arrived and he saw you getting taken away in one of the vans, sensing there's no danger anymore, he closed his eyes and hasn't woke up until now, but he has completely healed."

            "I see..." Maria gently smiles at the sleeping figure of Shadow. "Thank you for protecting me Shadow."

*****

*Present*

            "Hey? What are you smiling at?" Mark says as he appears beside her.

            "Let her have her moment Mark." Ivo rolled his eyes at his cousin-in-law.

            "This is what it feels like to watch children grow up," Abraham says.

            "Huh?" Mark and Ivo looked at him.

            "The troublemakers that became the city's beloved heroes." He said to disperse the two older male's confusion.

            "O-oh, yeah, you're right, it wasn't that too long ago that Sonic turned 22, right?" Ivo said.

            "Indeed."

            "Ooh you know Abraham Tower, it wouldn't hurt if you show your soft side." Mark teased.

            "Why would I do that?" Abraham raised a brow at Mark as he crossed his arms.

            "What I meant was, try to relax you know? Just because you're the highest rank at the G.U.N. of this country, doesn't mean you can't have a little time to relax. Look at your Lieutenant Commanders, they're having fun." Mark says putting an arm around the younger yet taller and bulkier man, as he pointed at the Mobians trying to catch Sonic as he kept dashing around them.