Chapter 2: Part 4

"What are you trying to imply here Nat? That my brothers a murderer?"

Lucy glared at her friend, getting up so abruptly her chair fell back with a clatter. "Lucky wait, please, relax for a moment, I'm not trying to imply anything! He just... Well.... Even Chuck seems scared of him! You can't tell me he doesn't seem threatening!" Natalie said, already regretting her choice of words as she watched her friends face scrunch up with anger.

The shop owner suddenly slammed down a photo onto the table as hard as she could, causing the vase to fall over, the flowers inside of it falling to the floor. "Natalie, tell me. Does this look like a man who'd hurt someone intentionally?" She demanded, Natalie peering down at the image.

 Does this look like a man who'd hurt someone intentionally?" She demanded, Natalie peering down at the image

"Well... No... He's taking a nap" she replied with uncertainty. "Yeah, a nap with his bestfriend. Natalie, my brother doesn't even like touching people unless he really trusts them" Lucky replied.

"This here person with him is the cousin of those two boys you live with, Ford. I may give both of them a lot of shit, but if my brother who hates physical touch can get this close to someone outside of family, I'd like to think he's a pretty decent guy." Silence filled the room for a moment before Nat said, "You still haven't answered my question-"

"NO, NATALIE, I DON'T THINK MY BROTHER IS A MURDERER."

"Ah. Thanks for clearing that up."

An awkward silence filled the room before Lucky sat back down and fixed the vase that had fallen over, Natalie then saying, "I'm sorry for making assumptions", to which Lucy replied, "It's alright Nat. You don't know him and I will admit he can be intimidating at times."

More silence followed till Missy came in, saying im a sing-song tume, carrying two bags in her hands. "Hey girlies! Mama Missy has come to the rescue! You guys can thank me later" she giggled and placed the bags down on the table, both of the younger women staring curiously at the bags.

"What's in here?" Lucky questioned, squeaking some in surprise as one of the bags was suddenly thrust into her hands. "Take a look! This one's yours, the others is Nat's!" The blonde giggled.

The shop owner frowned a little at Missy before pulling out the contents. It was a giant wall hanging, as well as some other items, Natalie biting back a laugh as she saw what the wall hanging said.

"Save a horse, ride a cowboy... Very funny Missy" Lucky said with a sigh, Natalie clutching her sides as she started to laugh her head off.

"Don't you laugh like that Nat. I got you one too."

"...What?"

This time it was Lucy's turn to laugh as she watched Natalie scramble through the contents of her bag, pulling out the exact same wall hanging with a look of pure terror on her face, a smug grin on Missy's face as she stared at Natalie. Giggling some, she then asked the women, "Do you like your gift?"

"I hate both of you."

"Love you too Natalie. Now come on, lets go up to the farm, I heard Brandy's making his famous stew."

Now that the tense air was lifted, the three women conversed easily as they climbed into Lucy's Volkswagen Kombi. To the dismay of the neighbors, the trio couldn't help but turn 'Dancing Queen' by ABBA to the loudest volume, singing at the top of their lungs to the music as the drove up to the Leroy farm.

Once they parked, they all tumbled out, Brandy walking out and drying his hands with a towel. "D-Damn. A-Are all o-of you t-three 17 n-now? Cause a-all I see a-are dancing q-queens" he chuckled, blushing faintly as Missy kissed his cheek when she walked passed him, Lucky giving his shoulder a pat. Natalie however gave him a big smile which made him blush even more, the man following behind after they all went inside.

~

So sorry this is so short! I promise, I have a lot planned for this story, but the creative flow isn't all there writing wise, but I did promise a good friend of mine a new part today, so I hope you all enjoyed this small part!

-CWS