Chapter 4: Part 5

We explore your past today, my darling child.

"Hold on, I never agreed to this! How do you know about my past? I've lived through my past, I don't want to be there again! Answer my questions god damnit!"

I know of everything, little one. I know of what has happened, what is happening, what will happen. I may not interfere... But I may guide.

"... What are you? Why have you chosen me? I only just got here. Can't I just live with my boyfriend in peace?"

Sadly not, little one. That is not a question I can answer... You are simply... Chosen. Whether by will or not. You are fated to save us all. I cannot speak much on this manner. Now go. Reconcile with your past, my child. Be seeing you.

"Wait! God damnit come back! I have questions! I need some answers, I can't keep doing this without knowing what I'm supposed to be looking for! ¡Maldito bastardo! You can't just leave me here!" Natalie yelled up at the sky, but if this mysterious voice heard, they did not reply. Sighing, she shook her head and gazed around her, resting her hands on her hips.

"Now what."

Her answer was shortly answered by an ear shattering explosion, the woman startling so bad she practically leapt out of her skin. Almost immediately, her heart sank into her stomach as her vision cleared, allowing her to see the scene she had dreaded seeing again for years.

A battle field. People crying. People screaming. Bloodshed, murder without any real cause. People running around with the pride of their countries beating in their hearts as if it was a potion of immortality.

Poor, narcissistic fools.

This was nothing other than genocide. Of people drunken on power sending out the weak minded to fight their battles for them. She hated being their sheep, every second she was in the military. She always told herself that if she got back in that field, she'd do navy or air force.

Never again will she put herself through the grueling training of marines. Going to bed every night with every bone in your body aching for a permanent rest, only to have to get up the next day and do it all again.

The actual fighting wasn't any better. Screaming, crying. Gunshots, yelling, explosions. By the time she joined, it was full out civil war. Farm side towns weren't affected much. They could carry on with their daily lives as long as they made a contribution for the military food supplies.

The war of love and hate, was what many called it. One side of the country wished for love, for peace, for free education, free medicine, for a trading system instead of money.

The other wished for the exact opposite. People who found peace boring, hungering for blood and fights like hungry pack animals. They wanted people to fight for what they earned, to truly deserve what they received.