Chapter 4: Part 4

Trigger warning: Mentions of abuse

"... Excuse me?" Natalie gulped, blinking some as her vision finally focused again, now gazing down at a small boy with blonde hair and pale freckled skin, his emerald eyes gazing up at her expectantly.

"Please, please, have you come to rescue me from them? Take me with you! Please! I think something replaced my parents with monsters!" The boy begged, gripping onto her clothes, Natalie stumbling back a bit onto his bed, but hesitantly wrapped an arm around the boy as she saw his damp eyes, letting him cry into her stomach.

She was silent as she then carefully picked him up into her arms, holding him close. He looked no older than 6... Ford. That's what he said his name was. That can't be right... The Ford she knew was much older than this and was an asshole with a scar on his lip and some weird tattoo on his neck... What the hell happened to this innocent child in her arms that he turned into such a monster when he was older?

Natalie startled some as she heard loud banging on the door, little Ford only yelping as he heard this and climbing out of Natalies arms to try hide under the bed as a man who looked distinctly like the boys father came in, bottle in hand, drunken blush across his face. "Damnit child, I thought I told you to shut up!" The man yelled, Natalie frowning some and stepping infront of Ford.

"Hey! Fuck off! He'd just a kid, leave him alone!" Natalie yelled at him though shivered as the man passed straight through her, causing the women to blink a bit. "What the fuck?" She whispered, turning to look at Ford and sighing as she stepped back, now feeling hopeless.

Well this fucking sucked. The kid could see her, feel her, yet it seems the adults couldn't. Shit. She watched in horror as his father dragged him roughly out from under the bed by the ankles, then grabbing a handful of his hair and forcing the child onto the bed as he slapped him through the face.

Natalie tried her best to get him off the screaming child, but her hands just went right through him, the women tearing up as the sound of Ford's screams and pleas for mercy pierced the air, the ex-soldier helplessly left to watch as he was beat, nose bloodied and skin bruised. It only stopped when the older man took a step back and took a swig from the bottle in his hand, Natalie left to watch in absolute horror as he then took off his belt before undoing his pants, grabbing the boys head by the hair once more.

"Hey... Wait, wait he's only a child! Stop that! Stop it!" Natalie yelled but her voice fell on deaf ears, though Fords eyes met hers... Silently begging for her to save him from the horrible creature that called himself his father.

"Someone... Save me...." Ford whispered.

"What.... What was that?... Whats going on... Why has everything gone dark?" Natalie whispered, holding her breath as she clenched onto her clothes, tears dripping down her face. "What's going to happen to Ford? Does his father?...."

Unfortunately yes, my child. His father does... On multiple occasions.