Chapter 6: Part 1

Trigger warning. This part contains mentions of past sexual assault and trauma.

Loud.

That was the first thing she could think of when woke up. It was loud in the house today. The dogs were barking, two people were yelling, someone was crying. Patting around the bed, Natalie's heart instantly sunk in her chest to her stomach to see Brandy wasn't with her. Quickly sitting up, despite the pain in her back, she got dressed and ran downstairs, the woman silently praying everything was okay.

She was terribly wrong.

Infront of the house on the porch stood Chuck, yelling his head off at a woman with bleach blonde hair, her roots already starting to show through her shitty dye job. Champ and Sadie were growling and barking at a white pitbull this trashy city barbie had on a chain leash, pink collar straining to keep the dog back.

Amidst this all, sat Brandy, crying his eyes out. There was smudged lipstick on his lips, the same shade of what the woman wore... Instantly, it clicked with Natalie who this woman was. Carrie Maymen, the woman she had hated since the moment she was told about her. Gently having Chuck step back, Natalie stared Carrie dead in the eyes for a moment before backhanding her through the face, causing the woman to stumble back.

Carrie seemed completely shocked as she held onto her stinging cheek, before glaring at Natalie who simply glared back, tense silence between the two women. Champ and Sadie seemed to relax a bit now that Natalie was there, the dogs sitting down on either side of her like guard dogs.

"Finally, I meet the bitch who ruined Brandy's life."

"I didn't ruin his life, I made him into a man!-"

"If raping someone and spreading rumours about them turns them into a man, I'd hate to know what your concept is of love."

The air was tense again before Carrie scoffed and stepped back, clearly a bit uneasy of Natalie's dead pan stare and blatant words. She'd beaten many people in arguments, but this woman infront of her made her nervous. She looked almost powerful as she stood on the top step of the porch, hands resting lightly ontop of the heads of two big, strong dogs. "I didn't rape Brandy" Carrie finally managed to say, her gaze defiant.

This however was the reaction Natalie had been searching for. Natalie slowly started to smile, her laugh starting out low, before growing louder and louder, the ex-soldier wiping away a tear of laughter as she took one step closer.

"Oh, really? You crack me up! You think that wasn't rape? Then please, enlighten me! What else would you call it when you get a minor drunk out of his mind by spiking his drink, stripping him of his clothes and having sex with him despite how much he was begging for you not to in his half drunken state? Tell me, what else do you call it when you take someones innocence when they beg, sob for you not to hm?!" What was initially a soft sentence turned into yelling as Natalie walked closer and closer, Champ and Sadie starting to growl again as they followed by her side.

Carrie stumbled back a bit as Natalie advanced forward, falling into the dirt, eyes darting around like a cornered rabbit. Her hands clenched for a moment before opening again, her grip on her dogs leash gone. The pitbull launched itself towards Sadie, yet Champ beat him to it, large jaws clamping down hard against the smaller dogs neck and starting to shake, as if this pitbull was just a ragdoll in his mouth. He only dropped it when Chuck yelled at him to let it go, the big usually goofball of a dog slowly licking the blood off of his muzzle as the pitbull lay whimpering at his paws.