Chapter 4: Part 2

"Murder?" JD and Natalie repeated slowly, the ranger nodding some with a dark laugh, tilting his head a bit to the side as he stared them down, jade eyes almost staring into their souls as they sat there.

The forest ranger cleared his throat as he stood up, checking his watch.

"Yeah, murder. Anyways, sorry honey but my time here is over. I know you guys think I'm a dickhead but I can be a dickhead and punctual as well. If you have any other questions, feel free go pop by tomorrow afternoon" he replied, fixing his jacket as he started to walk to the door, JD quickly jumping up and going after him.

Grabbing the back of Ford's shirt, he made him stop, the detective's eyes narrowed as he stared up at the much taller male. "You can't just leave! You're under questioning, I have every right to arrest you if you leave now!" He said to him, trying to look at brave as he could though his grip faltered as he heard a deep irritated growl come from Ford, the forest ranger slowly turning to glare down at JD.

It all happened too quick for Natalie to really process.

One moment JD had Ford standing still, the next Ford had JD pinned up against the wall, glaring down at him with such an intense gaze, it made the detective for the first time feel genuine fear for his safety.

"Listen, detective, this ain't the city no more. We ain't some meek little lambs you can scare with your authority. Take your stupid cop shit and shove it up your fucking ass, you hear me? Only person who was last able to keep me from going anywhere was my old man, and that old abusive fuckhead is buried 6 feet deep" Ford said slowly to JD, the smaller male at a loss for words, unsure on how to react.

Natalie had no such compulsion.

Throwing herself forward, she leapt up onto Ford's back and wrapped her arms around his throat, pulling back hard and applying as much pressure as she could. Ford struggling as he stumbled back, trying to throw her off and evidently falling backwards. Natalie grunted as she hit the floor too but scuttled out from under Ford like a bug, quick to be ontop of him and slam a fist through his face, then hold him down by the throat.

The forest ranger coughed a bit as blood trickled down from his broken nose but he simply smirked, grabbing her wrist and pulling her in closer. "Harder Mommy~" he giggled, then shoved her off and got up, wiping the blood away as JD quickly caught Natalie, staring at Ford in disbelief.

"You're insane" JD muttered as he watched Ford dust himself off, then make his way to the door, the man taking a moment to pause in the doorway and glance back at the two of them.

"Only in the best ways cutie."

With that, he left and disappeared into the surrounding woods, JD shaking his head before carefully checking Natalie over to make sure she wasn't hurt. "JD, relax, only thing he's hurt is my pride... How about you though? Are you okay? That all happened so fast I barely saw what happened" she said softly and he gave her a soft smile, nodding a bit as the two walked out of the house together.

"I'll be fine, Nat... I used to get beat up a lot as a kid. I know how to deal with bullies" he eventually said as they walked side by side back to the main path, Natalie raising her eyebrow a bit as she heard this. "How so? Why? Looking at you, I don't see a reason why anyone would bully you."

"I'm transgender, Natalie."

"Oh."

They carried on walking in silence for a bit, Natalie then eventually looking over at JD and saying, "I fully support you, you know. You're a very handsome man I must admit and I think you're doing wonderfully at the whole being-a-dude thing. I have a trans niece, I know you must have gone through a lot... I just hope you know you have my endless support."