Chapter 4: Part 3

"...What do you mean what does it look like? You're sitting outside in the rain, I'm not going to let you get soaked out here... You'll get sick. Come on, let me get you somewhere warm and dry."

Despite how he hated contact, he still offered JD his hand to help him up, his hat low over his eyes hiding his expression. JD was hesitant, but still accepted his help and took his hand, getting up though blinked some and blushed as he saw Dante taking his hoodie off, putting it on JD.

"Dante please this isn't necessary, keep your  hoodie on, I'll be fine-"

"Just shut up and take it. You look like a cat caught in the rain and its pissing me off to see you shivering like this."

JD went quiet as he walked alongside Dante under the umbrella they both shared, the detective having to try his best to not blush seeing as Dante was walking practically pressed against him. Of course, he knew this wasn't on purpose, Dante simply had to do this to stay under the umbrella as well, but it would still make anyone's heart race if such an attractive man was standing so close to them.

They eventually reached Lucy's, Dante taking JD in around through a door in the back, then leading him upstairs to the home he shared with his sister. Shaking out the umbrella, Dante then put it aside and put on some tea, switching on a heater before he went and got some spare clothes for JD.

Handing him the clothes once he got back, Dante said to him, "They're probably going to be a bit big, but its better than nothing. I'd offer you my sisters clothes but she'd kill me if she found out I was in her room."

JD blinked a little as he heard this but regardless thanked him, then taking the clothes and going to go get changed in the bathroom. He was thoughtful as he pulled off Dantes hoodie after closing the bathroom door, slowly sitting down on the floor as his heart started to race, holding the other males hoodie close to his chest.

Burying his face in the soft woolen material, he took a deep inhale of it, letting out a happy sigh as butterflies blossomed in his stomach, the detective unable to stop himself from giving a rather giddy giggle. Trying to snap out of it, he then took off his wet clothes and got changed into the dry ones Dante had given him, neatly folding the other man's hoodie as he walked out of the room.

"Hey Dante where can I put... These wet... Clothes...."

JD's sentence slowly died in his throat as he walked into the living room, slowly gulping as he was met by the sight of Dante's shirtless body on the floor, slowly stretching out his back. Dante stopped when he noticed JD and sat up, holding a hand out to him.

"Give here. I'll sort it out."

Trying his best to keep his composure, JD handed the clothes over to Dante before sitting down on the couch across from the heater, watching Dante walk back and forth, busying himself with things. Dante moved like someone who was always restless... Like someone who had too many important things to get done. He hung up the clothes to dry, made tea for them both, cleaned up the kitchen before finally sitting down on the floor after placing a blanket around JD's shoulders.

"You're a busy one, Dante..."

"... What do you mean by that?"

JD shrugged as he gazed at Dante, carefully taking off the mans hat and putting it on himself, his heart paining in sympathy as he saw the scars that ran over Dante's face. "You don't sit still much. Whenever I see you, you're always busy" he said to him, shifting to sit beside him and carefully feeling his scars.

Dante's eyes slowly closed as he found himself leaning into JD's touch, the taller of the two men shrugging a little bit. "Being busy keeps the mind busy... I have lot's of things I don't want to think about... Don't want to remember..."