HLS 17| Separated; Reunited

A/N: Assalamu alaykum, everyone! Here's a new one-shot Muslim story for all of you. Enjoy reading this story and may you learn something from reading this.
____________________________________

Since the semester was almost over, I'm almost free from the responsibilities of being a student; all I need to do was to practice for the graduation and my school life would be temporarily done! That's why I have a lot of time to surf on the internet. I was busy chatting with my sisters when his profile popped on my messenger.

A handsome hafidh.

Funny, but that's the first judgement I've thought as I stalked him. Of course, he's a stranger kaya I needed to look at his profile in order to know if he was a decent man or not. Then, I replied to his chat.

At doon na nagsimula ang patuloy na naming pagpapalitan ng chat.

Until one day, he unexpectedly confessed his feelings for me.

I was surprised, even though I already assumed that he liked me on the first day he chatted me, nakakabigla pa din.

Niligawan nya ako sa pamamagitan ng video calls, yep, only in vc for I don't want us to meet personally. His way of courting isn't a normal way, because instead of giving me flowers, he'd rather give me knowledge about Islām. Instead of singing a song for me, he'd rather read the Qur'an for me and boy, his voice is so Mā shaa Allah.

Honestly, I find his way of courting sweet. So sweet that I can't stop myself from smiling widely.

"W-what?!"

I almost burst into laughter as I look at his reaction on my phone after I told him my answer. He really look so shocked with his eyes widened while he's gaping.

"Why do you look so shocked? You don't want it? Babawiin ko na ba?"

Is it really that shocking? But he courted me that's why I gave him the answer that he deserves.

"N-no no, I'm sorry I was just surprised. Subhanallah! Yes! wooooh! She said yes to me! Alhamdulillah!"

After months of courting me, I finally said yes to him. My parents already knew him, so am I to his, but it doesn't mean I'm allowed to go to their house and so is he to ours. Not until we are not halāl, yet, I'll never set a foot inside their house. In shaa Allah.

It was fun watching him while shouting with glee, and I'm glad. So glad.

It was one of my memorable days, indeed. Truly, one of the best thing in this dunya is to be with someone you love but no matter how strong the feelings of us to be with each other, alone, we know to ourselves that we can't, for our religion forbids it.

So we just chat and call each other; if we meet (which seldom to happen), our friends are with us and not letting us to be alone. Surprisingly, I'm contented with it. Maybe that's enough for now, not until our relationship isn't halāl yet.

The class is starting two months from now, mawawala na naman ang communication namin.

"Almost one year na pala simula ng sagutin kita nu?"

I said while looking at him through the phone. I'm currently in our sala while talking to him.

"Yes, and Allah knows how much I want to marry you before this month ends. But we know to ourselves that we're not still ready."

I smiled to myself as I creat an image of us marrying each other in my mind.

Silently, I chuckled.

"You're imagining it?"

Blushing, I nod my head at him.

"You're too honest, hab."

He said while laughing. Ah, I really love hearing him laugh.