HLS 13| She's That Girl

Chapter 1

I was getting out of my car after I parked it, when I felt my cellphone vibrated. A message from my friend, Khaleed had appeared.

"Assalāmu Alaykum man, where are you?"

"Wa Alaykumussalām bro, I'm almost there. Why?"

I was busy replying to his messages that I actually had forgot I was walking in a crowded place, but it's too late to blame myself now for I already bump to someone. Alhamdulillah, I am flexible enough to hold her waist before we she could fall on the ground.

Mā shaa Allah, her baby blue eyes are captivating. As we stare to each other, it feels like time runs slow and I felt something strange in my qalb, something I never felt before. It feels weird but good at the same time.

But wait-? She's a she! Astagfirallah!

Quickly helping her to regain balance, we instinctively step away from each other.

"I'm-I'm sorry, Akh. Astagfirallah"
"I'm sorry."

We said to each other at the same time. I was about to laugh because of it, but when I look at her, she's fisting her Abaya hard, face is blushing and was about to cry.

"M-miss, are you okay?"

I was about to go to her, but she run away from me quickly.

"Man, you messed up, big time."

Was my friend's reaction after I told him what happened.

"I know dude, Astagfirallah. But I want to see her again, to apologize formally and return these."

I said as I held her eyeglass and her book yet there's no name printed on it. But I'm sure these things belong to her, because I saw them fell as we bumped with each other awhile ago.

"Are you sure that's your only reasons bro? Nothing else?"

I stop sipping my coffee, and throw him a tissue which gained me a loud laugh from him. I just shook my head while grinning because of what he said.

Weeks had passed, but I never saw her again. I actually tried looking for her, from the place where we saw each other, in the social media as well as asking some relatives but she's nowhere to be found.

I wonder where is she now?

"Son, don't you have any plans to settle down, yet? You're old enough to have your own family and you already have a stable job that pays well, so what are you waiting for?"

I placed the glass of juice on the table and face my father who's now sitting besides me on the couch.

"I know Ama, but I haven't meet the girl that I want to marry."

Or I already did, but I couldn't find her anywhere.

"There are lots of girls out there, you just need to make up your mind so that we can start to look for one."

I smiled at Ama and drink my juice.

"In shaa Allah."

It was after I prayed tahajjud and done doing dhikr, I raised my hands to make a dua to Allah.

"... ya Allah, if she's not meant for me, please remove this feelings that I have for her before it could hurt anyone. May you grant me the woman that I truly deserve, she who tried her best to please you and not anyone else. Ameen."