HLS 4| Me, Before You

Assalāmu Alaykum! Another Halāl story for you guys! Hope you enjoy!

"No matter what happens, always take care of yourself Hab, for I am not always here to do that for you." We were about to sleep, when she said it.

I smiled as I kissed her forehead.

"I will zawjaty, In shaa Allah. And so are you, if ever I go first before you."

She smiled while nodding at me as she closed her eyes.

"Have you ever thought of marrying again, habibi?"

I eyed her quietly while thinking why she suddenly asked about it.

"Nope habibty. Unless, you want to get married again, it's fine with me."

She pinched my nose lightly while giggling.

"I'm serious habibi, because in that way, you won't be alone if I die first."

I met her gaze yet she avoided it.

"Why? Will you want to get married again if it's me before you?" I pulled her closer to me.

"Of course I won't Hab." She said and hugged her arms around me.

"Good, for I also don't want it. So now, let's not talk about it anymore habibty because I'm already contented of you and it will always be you, In shaa Allah."

She smiled at me and kisses the tip of my nose.

"I love you in the name of Allah, Habibi"

Today, I'm holding her in my arms. Smiling at me, she closed her eyes as her tears starts to fell.

"I'll meet you again in Jannah yā Habibi, In shaa Allah" was the last words she told me before reciting "Lā Ilāha Illallah"

Seconds passed, her breathing fades, heartbeat's gone and her pulse's stops.

She's now lifeless in my shaking arms.

I've prepared myself for this, but Subhanallah it is very painful, yet I need to accept this painful reality; that you're now gone habibty.

I love you in the name of Allah zawjaty.

'Til we meet in Jannah, Ameen.