HLS 2| He Was Once In My Dua

I am currently in my room with my friends as they keep on trying to ease my nervousness, but I just can't help it. My hands are cold and they're also trembling.

My family was at the Masjid with my soon-to-be husband and his family for the wedding ceremony. I chose to stay at home, particularly in my room, because I feel like I cannot make it when I'm there with them. Thus my friends also decided to be with me.

"Come on Ameenah, stop being nervous. You're going to meet your husband later and you can't be like this." Nour said, who's sitting on my bed with her son, Zaid, sleeping on her side.

"You can't blame her Nour, it's not as if you're not like her before. You were worse than Ameenah, duh."

I laughed at what Sakeenah said because it's actually true. Nour was hysterical that time, which made us do everything just to ease it.

"I will not really comfort you on your wedding day Sakeenah, tsss."

We both laughed at her that made her srunch her nose. Sakeenah moved near Nour and pinched her right cheeks which Nour did the same on Sakeenah's left cheeks. I was laughing so hard because of their childishness. I kept on laughing that I didn't notice they had already stopped what they were doing, not until I heared my father calling my name.

My back was facing the door, which was the reason why I didn't notice them.

"Ameenah, habibty. Your husband is here to meet you."

As soon as I heard it from my Baba, my body was stiff and felt like I froze on the spot.

Is it really like this?

Is this what it feels like when you are going to meet your man?

My thoughts flooded and my nervousness was eating me that I couldn't respond to my friends when they told me that they'll leave my room, alone with this man.

"Ameenah, face your husband. He's been waiting for you."

I got up from sitting on my chair and faced them, with my head slightly bowed.

"We will leave you alone for a while so you can have a small talk." Ummiy said. My parents kissed me and give their congratulations for the both of us.

When we're left alone, he just stood in front of me. We stayed like that for a moment, until he decided to break the silence between us.

"Are you feeling uncomfortable?" He asked.

"N-no." I answered and cleared my throat.

"I'm just shy." I whispered but enough for him to hear.

I blushed when I heared him chuckled.

"Oh my zawja, from now on you do not need to be shy around me, okay? Though you look adorable whenever you're shy."

I cannot help myself from smiling as I look at him straight in the eyes. He's so tall. Yā Allah, how can I be so bless to have this man to be my husband?

"But you look gorgeous when you smile while blushing."

This man with his sweet talks.

"You are really good at sweet talks huh?" I told him and he just laughed at me.

My hands are sweating when he cupped my face and leaned closer to me.

"My sweet talks are only meant for you, my zawja."

With that, I closed my eyes as he kissed me on my forehead.

'I love you in the name of Allah my zawj.' I thought to myself and wrapped my trembling hands around him.

The man who was once in my Dua is now my husband. Alhamdulillah.

Indeed, with Allah, nothing is impossible.