HLS 5| You, My Zawja

"Habibi, wake up"
"Wake up habibi, please..."

My sleep was cut when I heard my wife calling me while poking my cheeks.

As I opened my eyes, I saw her beautiful face looking at me while smiling innocently.

"What is it my wife?"

I asked her softly. I cannot help but to chuckle quietly as I saw her playing with her fingers, in a few months of us being married, I've observed that she does that whenever she's shy.

"I'm---I'm scared Habibi. I need to pee, but... I can't because I feel like there's a monster inside our comfort room."

I bit my lower lip to stop myself from laughing because of her cuteness.

"I told you to stop watching horror movies, right? And there's no monster Habibty, but there's a jinn inside it."

She glared at me playfully and pinched my nose slightly.

"I don't want to stop and that's why I woke you up! You're coming with me inside the comfort room Hab. And you cannot say no!"

And yeah, just like that I couldn't say no to her.

We were at the kitchen, planning on baking cookies... well currently doing it now.

My beatiful zawja was eating popcorn as she plays temple run on her phone and occasionally feeding me, while I was doing the work. Yep, she's so sweet.

I was in the middle of mixing the ingredients when my phone rings which was charged on our living room. I placed down the mixer and go there to get my phone, but before I could reached my cellphone, the call stops and instead, it beeped twice.

As soon as I saw who called at the same time texted me, I cannot help but smile as my wife's registered name on my phone appeared.

From: Habibty
Please bring with you my laptop when you come back in here Habibi.

From: Habibty
I love you <3

I chuckled as I picked up her laptop and bring it to the kitchen. As I entered, I saw my beautiful wife doing the work. She smiled at me apologetically while making a peace sign.

"I love you too"

I said and my heart beats abnormally when she blushed.

Mā shaa Allah, my wife is so adorable, and I couldn't stop thanking Allah for letting me have her. Alhamdulillah.

"Assalāmu Alaykum"

I greeted as I entered our house for I just got home from the Masjid. My lips automatically smiled when I saw her openning the door while yawning.

"Wa Alaykumussalam, Habibi"

She answered, sleepy.

"Are you done praying salātul fajr habibty? You still look sleepy"

"I can't pray today because my monthly visitor have arrived, and I've fallen asleep on the couch waiting for you"

I scratch the back of my neck as I realized what she said.

"Ow, then let's get you tuck on the bed so you could sleep comfortably"

She nod her head as I carried her bridal style

She was sleeping peacefully on the bed and I was sitting on the floor with my prayer mat, reading Surat Ar-Rahman.

I was in the midst of reading when I felt her leaning on me, I looked at her and caught her looking at me while smiling.

"Keep reading Habibi, I wanna listen to your soothing voice while reading one of my favorite Surat"

I chuckled lightly and followed what she said. I was almost done when I realised that she fell asleep again while listening. I finished reading the Surat and place the Qur'an on our bookshelf.

I carried her to our bed carefully trying not to wake her up. I laid beside her and stared at her sleeping face.

I cannot help but smile as I reminisce those days that I couldn't stop praying to Allah about this woman right in front of me, my zawja. She's the woman that I asked Allah to be my partner in this Dunya and as well as in Jannah (In shaa Allah). She's one of my answered Du'a.

I know very well that our story is not all about happiness but as far as we can, we'll face every problem/conflicts that we might encounter, together. And with Allah's guide, we'll passed them. In shaa Allah. But as for now, all I could say is, Alhamdulillah ala Kulli Hāl.